Adding folders to an external hard drive on a Hopper 3

midleman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
United States
Has anyone been able to add folders to an external hard drive on a Hopper 3?
I have tried through the options box but it won't work. All I get are new folders on the main drive but nothing on the external drive.

I have tried through the options box but it won't work. All I get are new folders on the main drive but nothing on the external drive.
as far as I know, folders are not (and never have been) an option on EHD's

The H3 SW lets you name folders on the external hard and move programs to the folder. The programs you move to the folder are removed from the EHD list. However, when you try to finish the process the folder is not there and all the selected folder programs go back to the main EHD listing. It seems like a small programing change could be made to complete the process.

I see this is a 5 year old post, but I'm seeing the exact same thing here, with small difference. The Dish tech was here last Friday (for another issue) and I queried him about adding space to my Hopper, and according to him the only requirements now are 1. No larger than 7Tb 2. Must have its own power. According to him, you can't move folders to the external drive but instead move the items, then create folders and move them into them. This doesn't work. The new folders always appear on the internal drive list. Kinda defeats the purpose, if you ask me. Without any folders on the external drive it will end up be 6tb of a cluttered mess!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)