Dish timetable for adding PPV/VOD/On Demand?

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I understand there are some rules as to when certain movies move to DVD, BD, NetFlix, streaming, etc. Negotiations between the "content providers" and the people that actually provide the goods to the people. And no doubt Dish has it's own internal rules, to minimize expenses.

Anyone have any idea when new releases are eligible to move to Dish PPV/VOD/On Demand? Just a rough guideline- certainly not everything makes it to Dish. But if it ain't on Dish after X months of release, we could kinda figure it ain't ever gonna make it?

I understand there are some rules as to when certain movies move to DVD, BD, NetFlix, streaming, etc. Negotiations between the "content providers" and the people that actually provide the goods to the people. And no doubt Dish has it's own internal rules, to minimize expenses. Anyone have any idea when new releases are eligible to move to Dish PPV/VOD/On Demand? Just a rough guideline- certainly not everything makes it to Dish. But if it ain't on Dish after X months of release, we could kinda figure it ain't ever gonna make it?
I believe that dish gets movies at the same time as the DVD release.

I believe that dish gets movies at the same time as the DVD release.
With some providers, that may be the case, but it's not with all. One recent example is Despicable Me 2 - it was on Dish a day or a few days after Christmas but came out on DVD about two weeks into December.

Back to navychop's original question, I just don't think there's any guidelines at all. Well, I think it's 100% safe to say that Dish (and Redbox, streaming services, etc) will never have movies before the DVD release. Same day, sometimes...

Well, I think it's 100% safe to say that Dish (and Redbox, streaming services, etc) will never have movies before the DVD release. Same day, sometimes...
Dish had You're Next on vod and ppv on dec 27 but the dvd/bluray wasnt released until jan 14