DISH to Become National Facilities-based Wireless Carrier

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
He is still running things, does not step down till the 3rd quarter.

Oh trust me, Bezos is still running Amazon and will continue to do so. The move was so that he could skirt the calls from Congress on the monopoly inquiries and give that to the new guy to handle. Bezos will always make the big calls.

Reactions: charlesrshell

The article doesn't address what would happen to Sprint if the merger is reversed. Sprint can't survive on it's own. Either way, we'd be down to 3 wireless carriers at some point. In other words, his point is moot IMHO.

Reactions: navychop
Yeah, article is total bilge. CDMA hardly performs on par with current phones, so it’s death was foreordained anyway.

And the idea of reversing approval and expecting POOF- Sprint is back in business? I don’t think they should have required Dish to buy Boost- it was just to hobble Dish with the ole albatross.

Reversing a ten year old approval on FB and WhatsApp? Really? How would you do that? In the real world, not government la-la land. Just goes to show you can never trust the government to keep their word.

CDMA hardly performs on par with current phones, so it’s death was foreordained anyway.

Exactly. For Dish to claim that TMO shutting down Sprint's CDMA is harming their prepaid business ignores the fact that ALL carriers are shutting down their legacy networks. I believe VZW has sunset their CDMA network already (or is in the process of doing so).

I was flipped from Virgin Mobile to Boost Mobile which is now owned by Dish. Being just a basic service customer uninterested in watching movies and other streaming content on a cell phone I am trying to understand the target customer for 5G.

I am trying to understand the target customer for 5G

Likely someone who uses their phone as their laptop/computer. I believe this is far more common in Asian countries than the US, but there are some here as well. That being said, unless you're constantly needing to transfer large files at speed, 5G isn't really necessary IMO.

Then why are the phone companies spending a large fortune on converting to 5g and obviously going to charge us more for something we do not want? I have turned off most apps and deleted those that I could on my cell phone.

Then why are the phone companies spending a large fortune on converting to 5g and obviously going to charge us more for something we do not want

Because they can. If they didn't innovate and keep pace then how could they increase profits year over year? It's the same reason why Apple releases a new phone every year. Does anybody need a new phone every year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts