DISH to Become National Facilities-based Wireless Carrier

Reactions: charlesrshell

They just switched to att I thought

Cdma is toast..they need to reuse the frequencies
I don't disagree, but the fact is they said they didn't need PCS for 5G prior to the merger, and then they said they need PCS for 5G a after the merger. Either they didn't plan well, or they lied.

I don't disagree, but the fact is they said they didn't need PCS for 5G prior to the merger, and then they said they need PCS for 5G a after the merger. Either they didn't plan well, or they lied.
Sprint had the cdma in rural areas..they want to reuse that for 5g

Agreed, it’s not so much “we want to help our consumers” as claimed, but more like “they said something under oath, now they are saying something else”

Dish, via Boost, acquiring another MVNO to go after the ultra low cost segment:

After being passed around over the years from Sprint/Virgin Mobile/Boost/Dish and others I can't recall, I am clueless what I should do to move to another provider. Yesterday I spoke with a Boost rep to confirm if my account is unlocked with I understand is one of the first things that must happen to move. The rep said it would not be safe to unlock an active account unless the new provider is identified and I haven't selected where I want to go yet.

I am totally clueless what has to happen to make the move. Obviously Boost doesn't want to make it easy for me. The Boost rep said it would take two days for the account to be unlocked and then I would risk losing service. I asked over and over for the rep to give me step by step instruction on how to make the move but she refused.

Is there somewhere I can find a step by step guide? With the knowledgeable members here I hope someone will point me in the right direction.

Thanks very much. Jon

After being passed around over the years from Sprint/Virgin Mobile/Boost/Dish and others I can't recall, I am clueless what I should do to move to another provider. Yesterday I spoke with a Boost rep to confirm if my account is unlocked with I understand is one of the first things that must happen to move. The rep said it would not be safe to unlock an active account unless the new provider is identified and I haven't selected where I want to go yet.

I am totally clueless what has to happen to make the move. Obviously Boost doesn't want to make it easy for me. The Boost rep said it would take two days for the account to be unlocked and then I would risk losing service. I asked over and over for the rep to give me step by step instruction on how to make the move but she refused.

Is there somewhere I can find a step by step guide? With the knowledgeable members here I hope someone will point me in the right direction.

Thanks very much. Jon

It's not the account that would be locked. If anything is locked, it would be your phone. If your phone is unlocked, there is nothing that can stop you from porting to another provider.

It's not the account that would be locked. If anything is locked, it would be your phone. If your phone is unlocked, there is nothing that can stop you from porting to another provider.
I think that he is talking about an account lock that prevents his number from being ported. That will have to be released.
....I asked over and over for the rep to give me step by step instruction on how to make the move but she refused.

Thanks very much. Jon
You are asking the wrong company. Pick a new cellular carrier. They are the ones that will port your number and move your service from your current carrier to themselves. It's all their problem, not yours (with the exception that you have to ask the current carrier to unlock). They will guide you through anything that you have to do.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts