DISH to deliver Olympics in 4K HDR

I set a timer for channel 540 to record new programs. When I look at the Timer Schedule it has listed two shows per day, 11-12am & 11-12:00pm CST. Does this mean it will record 24 hours a day if I have both selected to record?

The guide for ch.540 is pretty much meaningless at this point. I wouldn't count on it.
If I remember correctly, the way they did it last Summer Olympics, there were 3-4 hours of new 4K content each day, repeated throughout the day. At least on some days, the loop in the morning was different from the one in the afternoon.
I believe they are shooting a total of 90 hours of footage in 4K HDR (8K HDR actually). So, don't expect much more than 3-5 hours of new content a day.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Here is an interesting read about the 4k/8k production:

Winter Olympics innovates with 8K HDR and live 5G production firsts

NHK and OBS (Olympic Broadcast Services) are shooting 90 hours of 8K content captured in HDR (BT.2020) using the HLG format. They utilize 10 cameras. That's compared to 400+ cameras used for 1080i HD production.
Ths begs some questions. Why exactly are they shooting something nobody can watch? Are there 8K HDR monitors available yet for anyone to buy? Or is it all just a proof of concept?

(I should have actually read the article first, they cover some of this)

Ths begs some questions. Why exactly are they shooting something nobody can watch? Are there 8K HDR monitors available yet for anyone to buy? Or is it all just a proof of concept?

(I should have actually read the article first, they cover some of this)
Not in this country, but it is available in Japan

I opened DVR to see if 4kHDR10 was being recorded, It looks like that DVR list is 4KHDR10 also, it really pops out. The only thing that would be better is if it was Dolby Vision, that is 12bit.
Dan

Is anyone with a Joey 3 as a secondary receiver off of their Hopper 3 getting the 4k signal? I'm trying to figure out why the 4k channels aren't showing up in my Hopper guide, and I just had the Joey 3 installed a few days ago.

I guess I wasn't clear. I'm not getting the 4k channels on my Hopper 3 guide. I know they don't work on the Joey 3. Just wondering if the Joey 3 installation/software was messing something up with the Hopper.

I guess I wasn't clear. I'm not getting the 4k channels on my Hopper 3 guide. I know they don't work on the Joey 3. Just wondering if the Joey 3 installation/software was messing something up with the Hopper.

Do you have the AT200 or above programming package?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)