Dish to DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
For new customers that's the price. Existing customers pay much more for an HR34, usually, and an HR24 is $199 for existing customers.

If you are willing to cancel you can get an incredible deal to "come back". My 3 series 2 Directv Tivos lost all locals due to a change made by Directv. After several weeks they were still unable to get my locals back or the software upgraded, as a replacement they offered me 1 HD DVR. I asked for an HR34 and two boxes to replace my 3 units and I would gladly take a 2 year commitment, I was told that they were not authorized to do that. I sent an email requesting resolution or that I would be forced to cancel, so they cancelled me as of midnight that night.

Less then 24 hours after they turned my service off I received an offer to come back at a reduced rate and an HR34 and 2 boxes. Now fast forward 2 1/2 months and several "come back" offers later and I just received an offer to comeback at a reduced rate, HR34, up to 3 HD boxes, Sunday Ticket for free, $200 dollars towards cancelling my current providers contract and various other discounts. Honestly if I had known this I would have signed up for basic cable without a commitment and taken this latest offer to "come back".

Get the receivers you can now while you are new. I had an SD tv in one room but I ordered an HD receiver for it for future upgrade of the tv plus I need multi room viewing there.

Get the HR34...you will love the 5 tuners. I have a system with one HR34 and one HR24 for the DVRs and two H25s in other rooms.

Why do you need two DVR's? Also are the H25's the remote boxes. These aren't DVR's, but they can access what ever is recorded on the HR34... is that right?

Why do you need two DVR's? Also are the H25's the remote boxes. These aren't DVR's, but they can access what ever is recorded on the HR34... is that right?

Because I wanted them. ;) There was no additional charge per month per DVR. So it was still $6 or whatever it is, no matter if it was a regular box or DVR. So I went with it. I also wanted the ability to pause TV in the master bedroom without having to hit record on the show, then hit pause, or as I call it putting the H25 in "Kangaroo" mode borrowing a tuner from the HR34.

The system is scalable. If you ordered say an HR34, 2-HR24's and 2-H25's. You'd have a total of 9 recording tuners and 2 regular tuners. As long as the share settings are turned on each DVR, no matter what receiver you went to in the house you'd see the same list of recordings when you hit the List button. Any receiver could pick a show out of the list and watch it even though it wasn't recorded on that box. When it comes to setting up recordings you would have to add them via the web, your phone/tablet, or directly on the receiver you wanted to record on. From the H25(non-dvr) receivers you could hit record on a show and it will prompt you which DVR you wanted to use to record the program. It's a very slick scalable system! Now if only you could manage recording schedules from one DVR to another, that would just be icing on the cake!

Question about wiring. With my dish, there is one coax from the dish to a splitter in the network panel in my basement. The dish comes in, and two coax go out - one to my living room (where my dvr 722k is) and the other to another splitter that feeds the whole house.

So I only have 1 coax running to my dvr box, where it works the magic and sends the signal back out.

How does directv work this? With the HR34 will it still be one coax to the box? Does it use the same magic dish does to distribute to the rest of the house? Trying to understand wiring. How does internet access come in to play? Can it distribute over cat 5?

Question about wiring. With my dish, there is one coax from the dish to a splitter in the network panel in my basement. The dish comes in, and two coax go out - one to my living room (where my dvr 722k is) and the other to another splitter that feeds the whole house.

So I only have 1 coax running to my dvr box, where it works the magic and sends the signal back out.

How does directv work this? With the HR34 will it still be one coax to the box? Does it use the same magic dish does to distribute to the rest of the house? Trying to understand wiring. How does internet access come in to play? Can it distribute over cat 5?

One wire to the HR34 for all 5 tuners and the MRV... One wire from the dish.. Add 3 more HD boxes to the house that even have their own tuners for live viewing... Still one wire to the dish and mrv works between them all. Even more magic than dish :)

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

So, there is a possibility that a new customer will receive "outdated" equipment? So that D* can empty their warehouses of older EQ?
Kinda sh!tty.

I agree, but that's how it works.

One wire to the HR34 for all 5 tuners and the MRV... One wire from the dish.. Add 3 more HD boxes to the house that even have their own tuners for live viewing... Still one wire to the dish and mrv works between them all. Even more magic than dish :)

So where does internet come in to play? The HR34 wants internet access right? What about the remote boxes (H25)... any benefit to them having hard-wired internet?

Bump for question about the ethernet to HR34 and remote boxes. I'm wiring up my home for ethernet right now and am wondering if the remote boxes can even take ethernet?

Non DVR DirecTV HD boxes can access your DirecTV Cinema Connection box, which should be connected to your home's Router via Cat5, so all of your DirecTV receivers will then be connected to the internet. With that said your HD Non DVR's STB's can not access Pandora, or VOD directly, although Widgets (TV Apps) on the sidebar will connect to the internet.

John

Bump for question about the ethernet to HR34 and remote boxes. I'm wiring up my home for ethernet right now and am wondering if the remote boxes can even take ethernet?

No ethernet connections on the remote boxes. It all goes through the one coax.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Protection Plan Price Increase

What is Directv spanish channel lineup?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts