Dish to introduce portable DVR by XMAS

I would really like a 8-10 hr small portable with A/V outputs that could be carried out and connected to the console TV in the van/car. That would be ideal for making those holiday trips/vacation drives with the kids.

rad said:
Please tell me why people shouldn't bash E*??? If they had shown that they could actually get a product out that worked, on time and had all the advertised features up and running I might agree with you. But based on their past track record bashing is mild compared to what really should happen to them.

You are right. NONE of thier products work. Sorry to interject- please keep bashing them based on your experiences and dont give them a chance to recover. After all, they are one of the few companies world wide that have had "issues". Go get em!

BTW- if you ever pick up an "errata" sheet for Intel chips- they are miles long. For that reason Im never buying a PC with Intel chips again. And I will criticize them for making statement on future product- because they are bound to follow the same track record. This is how open minded I am.

bsic said:
You are right. NONE of thier products work. Sorry to interject- please keep bashing them based on your experiences and dont give them a chance to recover. After all, they are one of the few companies world wide that have had "issues". Go get em!

Dish has a definite, established pattern. It probably is kind of negative to expect bad results but if I were betting my hard-earned cash, I would not be betting on them having a flawless roll-out. Personally, I hope I'm wrong. The more pressure Charlie keeps on, the lower consumer prices will be. But there have been some HUGE missteps recently, IMO. And better to bash them based on experience as opposed to what my cousin's sister's roommate's hairdresser said! :p

beejaycee said:
Dish has a definite, established pattern. It probably is kind of negative to expect bad results but if I were betting my hard-earned cash, I would not be betting on them having a flawless roll-out. Personally, I hope I'm wrong. The more pressure Charlie keeps on, the lower consumer prices will be. But there have been some HUGE missteps recently, IMO. And better to bash them based on experience as opposed to what my cousin's sister's roommate's hairdresser said! :p

Good point. I would rather bash them on past experiences than show the blind optimism like some on these boards do.

I have only bashed on Dish myself based on experiences I have gone through, or experiences I have witnessed.

It would be better if Dish had an expansion slot where you could store more video on the unit, perhaps some memory stick or something, perhaps a memory stick to transfer the data from the DVR to the portable DVR.

You know I really have never returned a dish product for service, nor had a component fail yet... (knocks on wood) have a 2700, a 501 and a 6000u. Having said that im still reluctant to get a 921 yet. Almost went for it last week and backed off and got a x1 instead will rat hole money for 921.:)

I have had the least trouble with the 7100, the most trouble with the 501, the 721 has been more reliable than what the 501 had been in the past.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)