Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH to Provide SEC Network Nationally for August 14, 2014 Debut

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ESPN and DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) have reached an agreement for nationwide carriage of the SEC Network on DISH when the multiplatform network launches, August 14, 2014. The deal is part of a larger comprehensive long-term distribution agreement announced by DISH and the Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS). DISH is the SEC Network’s first nationwide television provider.

The channel will be available to fans and followers of the Southeastern Conference in DISH’s America’s Top 120+ and higher packages across the country. DISH subscribers will also have authenticated access to additional live events scheduled for the SEC Network’s digital platform, with the ability to watch SEC Network content anytime, anywhere on their television, computer, tablet or mobile device.

“Few fan bases rival the passion and loyalty of the SEC, and DISH is proud to be the first nationwide television provider of the SEC Network,” said Dave Shull, DISH executive vice president and chief commercial officer. “We strive to give our customers and consumers what they want, and there’s no better place for the college sports fan than with DISH.”

The SEC Network and its accompanying digital platform will air more than 1,000 live events in its first year, including at least 45 exclusive SEC football games, more than 100 men’s basketball games, 60 women’s basketball games, 75 baseball games, 50 softball games and events across all of the SEC’s 21 sports. The network will be an all-access pass to nationally competitive events, news and information, expert analysis, classic games and in-depth features on the most storied conference in college athletics.

SEC Commissioner Mike Slive said, “This is an important day for the SEC Network. We are pleased to welcome DISH to the SEC family. More than five months ahead of the network launch, it’s exciting to have a national distributor and our first satellite provider onboard. Now SEC fans from across the country have another way to show their conference pride and sign up to get the SEC Network.”

“This agreement provides DISH customers nationwide with access to every SEC college football game this fall and an unparalleled fan experience of more SEC content than ever before,” said Justin Connolly, ESPN senior vice president, college networks.

Details on the SEC Network’s channel number will be available on www.dish.com at a later date. Financial terms and other details of the agreement were not disclosed.

Interesting, thought it might be a in your area kind of thing or multisport

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I should be..
All of the college sports nets should be sold a la carte.
In other words, if on wants it, pay for it. If not, one does not pay.
Do I care if the die hard ( pick your conference or school) has ot pay $6 or $7 per month for their fix? Heck no. Not my thing.

I should be..
Do I care if the die hard ( pick your conference or school) has ot pay $6 or $7 per month for their fix? Heck no. Not my thing.

It is my thing for football season, however I wouldn't pay for a conference network unless all the conference games were on it. I totally agree, these conference networks and the RSN's should all be ala carte

I will be surprised if the Longhorn or SEC Networks are actually included in a base package. It would make sense for them to be included in a base package in the relevant area (Texas and Texas to Florida respectively) and make everyone else buy Multi-Sport to get them.

The email I got from ESPN today on Dish carrying the SEC Network said nationally. I had signed the petition requesting Dish to carry it. Did not mention prices, multi-sports etc., but from the release and the posts here I assume AT120 and above.

Perhaps I am wrong, but I had received the impression the SEC Network events would be carried primarily on the ESPN suite of HD channels: ESPN, ESPN2, USPNU, and ESPNEWS. If that is the case, the SEC Network would presumably have a national SEC Sports channel tucked in amongst the regional sports channels, similar to the Big 10 network, which would be devoted primarily to news, analysis, and re-airing of SEC events. If that channel is HD 24/7 that would very likely be sufficient. The opening and closing coda (introduction and closure) for sports events would then be similar to this: "The following is [or has been] a presentation of the SEC Network on ESPN."

Best regards,
Fitzie

But where is it stated that the network is going to be in HD? I'm assuming yes cause that would just be common sense today vs putting it in standard just to piss people off at the start and while watching lol.

Perhaps I am wrong, but I had received the impression the SEC Network events would be carried primarily on the ESPN suite of HD channels: ESPN, ESPN2, USPNU, and ESPNEWS. If that is the case, the SEC Network would presumably have a national SEC Sports channel tucked in amongst the regional sports channels, similar to the Big 10 network, which would be devoted primarily to news, analysis, and re-airing of SEC events. If that channel is HD 24/7 that would very likely be sufficient. The opening and closing coda (introduction and closure) for sports events would then be similar to this: "The following is [or has been] a presentation of the SEC Network on ESPN."

Best regards,
Fitzie

BTN shows live events, so does PAC 12 Networks, so did The MTN, and so will SEC Network.

If you think those networks were only showing reruns you were sadly mistaken and have been missing out on a ton of games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One thing with PAC 112, it's game only HD, just like BTN, I am thinking sec will be 24/7 HD

BTN is 24/7 HD as well. I'd like to see the Pac-12 in 24/7 HD but not expecting it anytime soon.

SEC better be regional in AT120+ and national for multi-sport just like BTN is.

Well one thing the announce date gives us is that the new Disney contract and new channels arrive sometime between now and August...

Greedy Mouse. Good thing Fox didn't force the entire country to pay for BTN when their contract was renewed recently.

I should be..

ALL special interest channels should be sold ala carte, not just college sports. WHY do I need to pay for NBA, NHL channels? Why do I need to pay for Fox (and its made up) News?

Unfortunately, we don't get a choice. It's the way it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)