Dish to See AMC4?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chris Freeland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Collegedale, TN
At one time I was going to add a 2nd dish to E* for 61.5 and Sky Angel, primarily to receive 3ABN and Safe TV, however I now can receive a decent picture ota for 3ABN on a low power tv station near my home. At this time 3ABN is selling a FTA digital STB with a 36" dish for $199 which will allow me to receive 3ABN and 5 other Seventh Day Adventist channels, Is this a good price? While checking the Lynsat site I noticed several other digital Christian stations including Safe TV, which is also on Sky Angel plus some International channels too and they seam to be Free, am I correct in this assumption? Are these Christian stations back feeds for Sky Angel? What features can I expect with the STB's like epg etc.? How difficult is it to set up and program?

For that price or a little more you may be able to get a FTA receiver in which would allow you to receive many more FTA channels in addition to those that you are wanting.

Stargazer said:
For that price or a little more you may be able to get a FTA receiver in which would allow you to receive many more FTA channels in addition to those that you are wanting.

If all I am looking at is AMC4 only, how can a STB add any more channels without a turning motor or additional dishes?

It would be nice for if they were to not have the channels FTA in the future to where you could relocate your dish to another slot to pick up FTA, or it would allow you to have the option to view other FTA content in the future. Does their STB allow you to only view their FTA content or other FTA content as well?

Stargazer said:
It would be nice for if they were to not have the channels FTA in the future to where you could relocate your dish to another slot to pick up FTA, or it would allow you to have the option to view other FTA content in the future. Does their STB allow you to only view their FTA content or other FTA content as well?

I forget the brand but it allows other FTA as well, however if your dish is a 36" KU only dish then that is all you will get, if it is C-band in addition to KU and with a BUD with a rotor, you can pick up many free channels with one of these receivers, all depends on what you are willing to spend.

If I am not mistaken I have heard that there many FTA network stations. This would be a good solution to those that cannot get distant networks that have a hard time picking up locals OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)