Dish Top 200 Package?

reubenray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 30, 2018
Bella Vista, Arkansas
I am checking about switching from the top 200 to the flex package. On the top 200 it has "local channels". Does this mean the locals are included in that cost?

Reactions: BarnRat
If you are on the Flex Pack locals are available as an add on. That add on costs $12.00
Yes, but some people above think that the AT200 package price includes locals. That's news to me!
I am checking about switching from the top 200 to the flex package. On the top 200 it has "local channels". Does this mean the locals are included in that cost?
yes in the top 200
no in the flex pack
I think that with AT200 you can discontinue locals and the price will go down $12.

Reactions: Bobby
Now I am confused more than usual. I currently have the Top 200 package plus I am getting billed for my local channels. My two year contract runs out this month and I am currently paying $72.99 plus $12 for the locals. Is Dish manipulating this cost to make it look better and then adding the cost of the locals back in?

The prices you see advertised on Dish site for new customers include locals but you can remove them on all of the packages and save $12 like Krell mentioned...Remember that price is new customers...Existing customers price for top 200 is $102.99 plus $12 locals..new customers are basically getting $15 off per month than existing customers..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221227-145707_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221227-145707_Chrome.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 79
You will always see the charge for locals (except on welcome pack). That is because you are given the option to drop locals. It gets confusing because the advertising shows the locals priced in, then you get your monthly bill and its a line item. At the end of the day the money adds up the same.

The prices you see advertised on Dish site for new customers include locals but you can remove them on all of the packages and save $12 like Krell mentioned...Remember that price is new customers...Existing customers price for top 200 is $102.99 plus $12 locals..new customers are basically getting $15 off per month than existing customers..

Which is why I am thinking of switching from the Top 200 ($102.99) to the Flex ($57.99) package. I would lose two must have channels and I could get these on Frndly.com for $9 a month. This would reduce my bill by $36 a month. Unless Dish gives me a super (not expected) deal on the Top 200 package.
I wish I could drop the locals, but the ota adapter will only let me record two stations at a time. At times I need three or four of them.

Which is why I am thinking of switching from the Top 200 ($102.99) to the Flex ($57.99) package. I would lose two must have channels and I could get these on Frndly.com for $9 a month. This would reduce my bill by $36 a month. Unless Dish gives me a super (not expected) deal on the Top 200 package.
I wish I could drop the locals, but the ota adapter will only let me record two stations at a time. At times I need three or four of them.
My last two year contract for the AT200 pkg expired in Oct. DISH was raising my new bill by about $35. I called retention and was able to get a $40mo discount on a new 12 mo contract and the csr said it could be renewed repeatedly. My mo bill is now less than when I initially called. Will see how it works out when renewal comes up again this Oct.

My last two year contract for the AT200 pkg expired in Oct. DISH was raising my new bill by about $35. I called retention and was able to get a $40mo discount on a new 12 mo contract and the csr said it could be renewed repeatedly. My mo bill is now less than when I initially called. Will see how it works out when renewal comes up again this Oct.
My last two year contract expired today. We had AT200 and called last week. Yes, bill was going up about $30-35. Dish offered $15 off that and suggested calling back to see if I could get a better deal. I cancelled.

As far as discounts, always call about the Preferred Customer Offer, sam_gordon that is the offer they should have offered if it was available. At the end of the day your bill probably was going to shift 10-15 depending on the timing of when deals rolled off, upside it would have also been another 3yrs of price lock that is being offered currently. Which based on the normal $5 annual price average that all companies are getting hit with, its a pretty solid deal.

As far as discounts, always call about the Preferred Customer Offer, sam_gordon that is the offer they should have offered if it was available. At the end of the day your bill probably was going to shift 10-15 depending on the timing of when deals rolled off, upside it would have also been another 3yrs of price lock that is being offered currently. Which based on the normal $5 annual price average that all companies are getting hit with, its a pretty solid deal.
If you have followed sam for a while you should know that he simply is no longer enamored with DISH and he was looking for an excuse to leave.

If you have followed sam for a while you should know that he simply is no longer enamored with DISH and he was looking for an excuse to leave.
Just because I don't think Dish is the "best thing since sliced bread" and "can do no wrong", which many posters here seem to think, doesn't mean I was looking for an excuse to leave. The product is fine. But for US, what we got for the amount they wanted to charge just didn't make sense. We had been customers since 1998. The fact is there are other options for people that are cheaper. Each customer should look and decide on a company based on what they offer versus what the charge is.

So if you're not under contract, they raise the rate $5 each year...
Year 1: +$60
Year 2: +$120
Year 3: +$180
TOTAL increase over three years: $360

However, if you sign this "3 year price lock" with an extra $15 each month: $540. Yup, sounds like a "solid deal" to me.