Dish Treatment

glennh73 said:
When will you guys learn to NEVER EVER DO AUTOPAY!

I swear glennh73 I do not use autopay! I always pay my bill online. Even the CSR today confirmed I am not on autopay... he told me that if there is any credit available on the day that the bills were ready for the following month, they automatically take whatever credit is there and then bill you for any deficiency EVEN if the bill is not due for another 21 days!
Like I said I paid the bill on February 5th. The bill due date was February 6th. I overpaid that bill. Sometimes I pay them $400 or $500 at a time and then I don't have to worry about it for a couple of months. This time there was only like $17 overpaid and so they decided to chip away at the $299 for the Vip622 which I prepaid.
I would NEVER sign up for any autopay scheme.

kenny911 said:
I understand. Dishnetwork doesn't value the customer. They think we have no other options etc... I'm not sure why you are willing to go for the 622 after you spent all that money on the 922. What if they pull this stunt again next year? Maybe you should try cable because it doesn't involve any large purchases.

Some people spend their money on drugs or exotic vacations I spend mine on Audio Video stuff. I didn't think twice about dumping the SonyXBR950 (70" LCD) which was less than a year old and a totally amazing set (I would recommend it even today!). That cost me about $7,000 plus $1,000 for the stand. In favor of the Sony Qualia 006 which was something like $15,000 for the same 70" I didn't even see it in the stores, I read about it and researched what it was capable of, so to me it was a no brainer... I wanted it. The money didn't even enter into it. I waited and waited and was 100% satisfied after four months of waiting. To do this day there is nothing that I have seen that can touch it.
The 921 is okay. I have had two where the hard drives failed. I wanted the 922 but then decided to wait for the Mpeg4 622 - and I an sure I will still be waiting another three or four months until they actually make them in sufficient quantity to satisfy demand. Yes, I would pay full retail rather than let Dish screw me around and yes, if something better came out next year I would dump these in favor of those. I am not saying this to boast about what I can afford, just to tell you that is what i am into and that is what I like. I like a decent entertainment system. I love movies and love HD.
As to cable - you can't be serious? I confess I have never considered going down to cable - grain and low resolution and stuff... aaargh!
Honestly, it's just what I am into and you maybe into fast cars or Armani clothes.. I am into Audio and Video that's it. To me a designer lable says "Drip Dry" I don't care about clothes or cars, just sitting back on the sofa and saying "Look at the MF picture!" That gets my juices flowing....
I guess if you are not really into it like me then I it is hard to understand. i a sure there are others on this board that have just as good, if not better stuff than I do. Mine is not the best in the world... flat panels and plasmas and SXRD just don't cut it for some, but to me... aaah!

Dont hang it on cable too much. I mainly watch sports, and my cable analog pic
will beat that over compressed dish pixel junk any day for sports (SD). I have a
good strong analog signal, and I also get HD (1080i) for all of my locals (abc, nbc,
fox, pbs, upn, wb, cbs) free, by using the built-in HD tuner on my TV. Only subscribe
to basic analog cable. For the kind of jack you shell out in Sat. equipment, you could
probably have paid for several yrs worth of digital cable.

dr0doom said:
will beat that over compressed dish pixel junk any day for sports (SD). I have a
good strong analog signal, and I also get HD (1080i) for all of my locals (abc, nbc,
fox, pbs, upn, wb, cbs) free, by using the built-in HD tuner on my TV. Only subscribe
to basic analog cable. For the kind of jack you shell out in Sat. equipment, you could

Fully agree with the block pixelation on Dish - but DirectTV is just as bad. I confess that I have not looked at cable in the past six years and perhaps I should, but from what I understand they don't have the amount of channels in HD that dish has - all the Voom stuff and others. At present I get all my HD locals off antenna and that is amazing quality. I think the best I have seen though is from my JVC D-VHS tape deck with HDMI Now that is a REALLY good picture. Can't wait for Blue Ray or whatever comes first then second. I am the nut you see lining up overnight to get it first.
Maybe I will take a look at cable - I couldn't live with DirectTV so right now Dish has me even with the way the treat me (and so many others!). They have the best HD lineup so far.

I am sorry if you felt as though I was bad mouthing cable - I only go on what it was like several years ago.

cablewithaview said:
I agree on the cable, and before anyone starts, I am a former Dish Network customer. I too called and see what specials they would offer for a former customer to return after a couple of years, they had nothing, didn't want to offer nothing and didn't care one way or the other. If there is anyone from Dish reading this, up yours !!! !protest I went with DirecTV, not to much better, hell I am considering spending money for c band again. I loved it but at the time couldn't carry it with me when I moved. And no I have no access to cable where I live.

Yay!!
I LOVED C-Band and miss my Videocypher II All those in the clear channels and I could watch Canadian TV too. Yep, I miss that big dish. thank's for reminding me, but from what i understand, all that has ended with Mpeg4 If you know more, please let me know. Thanks for making me smile!!

danielsurfs: No appology necessary, all cable systems differ, and yours may or
may not be all that great. I also was getting my local HD off OTA antenna, but
when I discovered that I could also get it right off the analog cable, I stopped
using my OTA antenna. The resolution is identical on the cable (1080i) for the local
HD, to the OTA signal I was getting from the antenna. Also, from what I
understand, the HD package from my cable system (Cox) is suposed to be pretty
good, according to a friend. I dont get digital cable (yet), so I can't confirm that,
but I know there are quite a few HD channels on it.

dr0doom said:
danielsurfs: No appology necessary, all cable systems differ, and yours may or
may not be all that great. I also was getting my local HD off OTA antenna, but
when I discovered that I could also get it right off the analog cable, I stopped
using my OTA antenna. The resolution is identical on the cable (1080i) for the local
HD, to the OTA signal I was getting from the antenna. Also, from what I
understand, the HD package from my cable system (Cox) is suposed to be pretty
good, according to a friend. I dont get digital cable (yet), so I can't confirm that,
but I know there are quite a few HD channels on it.

Thank's dr0doom I will take a look - I like a lot of HD channels though!
If you don't mind me asking... if you are into (or have) cable why do you hang-out here? (This isn't like an Amway meeting is it? Am I going to be recruited for Digital basic cable?) LOL
Thank's again, dude.

dr0doom said:

something else, cable does offer True HD, NOT HD lite like DirecTV and Dish. :up

danielsurfs: I have been considering switching from cable to dish, mainly because
of the great deals new subs can get, if you dont need too much. A basic 2 room
(I have my own dvr) with AT120 would be comparable to what I have now, and
would cost me about $9 per month less than cable. But considering I get free
unlmited service calls, and can hook up as many rooms as I want for free, in the
future, and the analog signal is better for sports, I'm probably sticking with what I
have now.

What are you people doing spending that kind of money on sat equipment when D* is more than happy to give you the stuff FREE!!
They gave me 4 dishs 3 multiswitches 5 SD boxes 1 TIVO, 2 HD boxes, plus install 100% free! Plus 6 mouths of HD package and 3 mouths of all 5 premium packages. I have the protection plan so I have the same coverage as E*s leased equipment + free service calls.

The picture looks as good as OTA HD, and as good as my new HD upconverted DVD player! I do not see HDlite. My friend has HD cable and we both agree D* HD looks better.

Hey Daniel,

Read my post from a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=55861

You don't know how much better the picture quality is with my local TWC, especially the non-HD Channels. My locals picture and some of the non-HD Channels picture quality was not good with Dish. I now love that I can see all my locals in HDTV and my wife is really loving the quality of the picture on HGTV. Of course this changes with each cable location but you may want to check it out.

I love my decision and have not looked back. Customer Service has been great as well. I even got a call 2 weeks after I switched to make sure I had no problems and if I had any questions. When I was not getting the west coast signal of the showtimes, it took a total of 3 minutes to get it resolved. It helps to have your customer service locally versus around the world in India like is the case sometimes with Dish.

Mario.

Eric Goempel said:
What are you people doing spending that kind of money on sat equipment when D* is more than happy to give you the stuff FREE!!
They gave me 4 dishs 3 multiswitches 5 SD boxes 1 TIVO, 2 HD boxes, plus install 100% free! Plus 6 mouths of HD package and 3 mouths of all 5 premium packages. I have the protection plan so I have the same coverage as E*s leased equipment + free service calls.

The picture looks as good as OTA HD, and as good as my new HD upconverted DVD player! I do not see HDlite. My friend has HD cable and we both agree D* HD looks better.

Hello eric -
thank's for the heads up. Now that kinda deal may make me think twice.
Would you recommend dealing with DirectTV directly or through a dealer? Seems like the dealer gets a lot better respect than a customer.
Thank again.

Well,

I just talked with tech support about my 622 install scheduled for 3/25/06. Although my online account shows that my $299 credit for the 622 was reduced to $213 to cover my monthly programming charges, she said that my credit card will get hit again tomorrow (my due date) for the $87 programming charges. This should bring the credit balance of my account back to $299. I will let you know what happens tomorrow. She also told me that the installer would bring my 622. :confused:

rgerst said:
Well,

I just talked with tech support about my 622 install scheduled for 3/25/06. Although my online account shows that my $299 credit for the 622 was reduced to $213 to cover my monthly programming charges, she said that my credit card will get hit again tomorrow (my due date) for the $87 programming charges. This should bring the credit balance of my account back to $299. I will let you know what happens tomorrow. She also told me that the installer would bring my 622. :confused:

I look forward to hearing how your story unfolds.
I have filed a complaint with Dish Network and with the FTC.
If you or anyone else experienced Dish taking the money you paid for a 622 receiver and applying it to current or future bills for programming services, you are also encouraged to file a complaint. Don't let them get away with it, I wont.
I also demanded that Dish return the money back to my card that they were paid. They claimed they did and 48hours later the Dish network account is still filled with my cash. They have not returned my money as demanded.
Filed my complaint online, took 10 mintes.
Code:
http://www.ftc.gov/

Last edited:
I called my credit card company this morning and dish has not charged my account for the monthly programming. I called Dish and the CSR told me that my charges were paid from the $299 that I paid for the 622 receiver. I told him that I still need to pay for my programming. He said that my next bill will include any shortages. I ended the call at that point. I decided that I would just take matters into my own hands. I went back to my online dish account and I made an online payment for my monthly programming. Now my account shows a credit balance of $299.99. I hope that that the 622 ships to me before the next bill is due. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts