Dish "Trick Play" app (Updated with Pics)

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
On my LG Smart TV a new app is available with the Dishnetwork logo, and it says it's a test for the Dish Network Trick Play. It then asks for your Hopper IP address, though it stops at that point right now.
If it hasn't already been discussed (I didn't see it) does anyone know what it is?

See post 12 for pics.

Last edited:
I don't see Dish putting out a Smart TV "Joey" app for which they cannot charge us as though it were the real thing.

On my LG Smart TV a new app is available with the Dishnetwork logo, and it says it's a test for the Dish Network Trick Play. It then asks for your Hopper IP address, though it stops at that point right now.
If it hasn't already been discussed (I didn't see it) does anyone know what it is?

I'm guessing but it's possible the TV duplicates the Dish Remote Access control available via the iPad/iPhone app, but this doesn't work with Hopper/Joey.

I don't see Dish putting out a Smart TV "Joey" app for which they cannot charge us as though it were the real thing.

Ha! Sure they could (and would) charge you for that. Bet it's also at least $7/Mo if it ever happened too ;) .

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

If it's a full client, they would probably charge the same monthly as a Joey.

It would be the same as the RVU clients built into Samsung units for D*. It saves having a client box for convenience, but it's the same monthly fee either way.

In the DVR programing world trick play is code for Fast Forward and rewind. The word was also used in the Dish Tivo Court case.
Could it be something to do with pause or rewind controls passed from the TV to the DVR?

Where did you find that at? In the LG app store?

I didn't exactly "find" it - it showed up on the TV itself, in the APP selections. I only even noticed it because of the Dish Logo.
And they have worked on it today, second picture is slightly different than it was when I first found it.

Attachments

• Dishlogo.jpg
    Dishlogo.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 467
  • Dishapp.jpg
    Dishapp.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 439
This app has been updated on the LG TV. It says it allows you to watch a Hopper on any TV without needing another receiver, including use of DVR controls. It then asks you to name the Hopper, and enter the IP address. I can't tell if it's just one on your system or one on the internet.

(Note the updated pics in the tittle is from earlier posts, not new)

It then asks you to name the Hopper, and enter the IP address. I can't tell if it's just one on your system or one on the internet.
It wants the "local", private IP address of the Hopper, typically one in the 192.168.x.x range. It would be way to complicated for the majority of people to use the "public" side IP address that your ISP assigns you.

You are most likely correct. I might have to bring my TV to Scott's house....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts