Dish Troubles - Please Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wildcatman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2004
Hello,

I have a Dish 510 DVR and an 811 receiver. I have a SuperDish 105 to get Chattanooga, TN locals. These are connected with a DP34 switch.

I have been noticing some problems lately:

I am losing 119 during the day only on the 510. I have checked all of the connections, and they are tight. I even moved the coaxial cables to the other two connectors on the DP34, but the problem still persists. Again, the 811 is not affected.

But, my 811 is having another issue. I have an external antenna that I use to pick up my locals when Dish Network has an outage. Previously, I was able to use the 811 to pick up WRCB 3, WTVC 9, and WDEF 12. I was getting WRCB and WDEF in HD. Now, the OTA tuner in the 811 does not pick up any of these channels. I tried re-scanning both analog and digital, but no luck.

I do get these 3 locals in the other room, when I turn the 510 off. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing these problems? They are driving me nuts!

Finally, I would like to upgrade to MPEG4, however as I understand it, I would have to have 2 dishes at my location. I am not interested in that at this time. Could someone please confirm that this is the case? I don't think that I have any other options.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sounds like your 510 is headed towards a critical failure, if and when you turn off the 510 your able to get those ota locals in the other rooms you should try disconnecting the ota feed to the 510 while its powered up to see if the ota pops up in the other rooms. Loosing the 119 on the 510 even after swapping lines may still mean that its not a receiver issue, when you loose the 119 on the 510 go and check the 119 signal on the signal screen on your 811 on transponder 11 / 13 and then recheck it again the next morning to see if there is a fluctuation of more than 3 degrea's.

Well, that's what I thought, too. However, the 510 was once replaced for the same problem (at the time Dish just sent me a new receiver but indicated that it did not sound like a receiver problem), which has now come back. I don't think it is the receiver, as I receive signals from the other satellites ok. I can get the OTA channels only on the tv with the 510. The 811 is not picking them up for some reason.

I followed the advise above regarding the OTA channels. I disconnected the OTA antenna feed from the 510, but they still aren't coming in on the 811.

I have software version P304 on the 510 and P335 on the 811.
I checked the signal on 119 on Transponder 4 and 13 at 10:30 this evening:

On the 811, the signal on #4 was 106 and #13 was 108. On the 510, the signal on #4 was 120 and the signal on #13 was 116. I am now receiving 119 programming on both receivers (as I mentioned, the problem with 119 appears only during mid-day)/

Any other ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)