Dish Turbo HD dish help

chuckinator

Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
Arizona
Hi,I'm located in Phoenix, Az I'm a new member and glad to be here. I recently had Dish installed in my residence. I purchased a stand alone HD receiver vip 222k, to use in my work shop and on the road with my RV. we travel to the East coast. I haven't purchased mt Sat. dish as of yet. there are quite a few used ones for sale $30-$40, so I want to pick one up. Is there a difference between a west coast dish and an east coast dish? I saw on solid signal web site the offer a Western and Eastern LNB's? I called on a used Turbo dish that has the 3 LNB 1000.2, but he said it was used back east. he said he has to readjust the angle of the dish and it would work here? i'm confused. I previously had Direct TV and had the same dish for east and west coast. please help. thanks in advance

The main difference between the 1000.4 and the 1000.2 dishes would be in aiming the them, the 1000.4 has fine tuning adjustments that the 1000.2 doesn't. Some find one or the other easier to setup, especially for RV use. You should look at both and see which you may be comfortable with. You can get either EA or WA lnb assemblies for either. If you are traveling a lot, it would be better to have both assemblies with you.

Hi,I'm located in Phoenix, Az I'm a new member and glad to be here. I recently had Dish installed in my residence. I purchased a stand alone HD receiver vip 222k, to use in my work shop and on the road with my RV. we travel to the East coast. I haven't purchased mt Sat. dish as of yet. there are quite a few used ones for sale $30-$40, so I want to pick one up. Is there a difference between a west coast dish and an east coast dish? I saw on solid signal web site the offer a Western and Eastern LNB's? I called on a used Turbo dish that has the 3 LNB 1000.2, but he said it was used back east. he said he has to readjust the angle of the dish and it would work here? i'm confused. I previously had Direct TV and had the same dish for east and west coast. please help. thanks in advance
What is your main receiver if it is a Hopper the only RV receiver you can use is a 211.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)