Dish TV and SureWest TV on same cable

Wolowitz

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
Kansas City
Hi Everybody,
I just joined and this is my first post. I tried to look and search for the situation I have but didn't quite find the right thread, so I am posting this question.

I have had Dish TV for the last several years primarily for the International programming + American Programming (HD). My internet is through DSL (No telephone line).This month my HOA approved SureWest and they are running a very sweet deal where in I am getting basic cable, local and internet for a bundle price.

My home is pre-wired and I have a Dish HD DVR VIP722 for controlling two TV's (one in my Living Room) and other in my BR. My living room set up is running through my AV Receiver. I have got an extra HDTV which I am planning to put in my wife's hobby room in the basement.

I need to keep my Dish for International programming but American Programming and Internet I am switching to SureWest. SureWest will run a separate line for Internet since it is fiberoptics but my question is can I have Dish and Cable from Surewest run through the same cable and then at the end split it into their respective HD DVR/Receivers? International Channels are all NON HD.

SureWest said that they would probably have to charge me extra $$ for running a separate cable. Is there way to accomplish this using Diplexer?

If not, since my house is pre-wired and the cables from outside come to my basement in a distribution box, can the tech from SureWest run extra cables for American Programming in my Living Room and Basement (where I intend to have Dish) and for the rest of house make use of my existing connections?

So what I am planning to achieve will be somewhat like this:
Living Room and Basement : Dish TV for International Programming (Non HD Channels) + SureWest for American Channels (HD + Non HD Channels)
Rest of the House : SureWest
Internet: Separate FiberOptic line.

I will appreciate any help or guidance.

Thanks!

Wolowitz said:
Hi Everybody,
I just joined and this is my first post. I tried to look and search for the situation I have but didn't quite find the right thread, so I am posting this question.

I have had Dish TV for the last several years primarily for the International programming + American Programming (HD). My internet is through DSL (No telephone line).This month my HOA approved SureWest and they are running a very sweet deal where in I am getting basic cable, local and internet for a bundle price.

My home is pre-wired and I have a Dish HD DVR VIP722 for controlling two TV's (one in my Living Room) and other in my BR. My living room set up is running through my AV Receiver. I have got an extra HDTV which I am planning to put in my wife's hobby room in the basement.

I need to keep my Dish for International programming but American Programming and Internet I am switching to SureWest. SureWest will run a separate line for Internet since it is fiberoptics but my question is can I have Dish and Cable from Surewest run through the same cable and then at the end split it into their respective HD DVR/Receivers? International Channels are all NON HD.

SureWest said that they would probably have to charge me extra $$ for running a separate cable. Is there way to accomplish this using Diplexer?

If not, since my house is pre-wired and the cables from outside come to my basement in a distribution box, can the tech from SureWest run extra cables for American Programming in my Living Room and Basement (where I intend to have Dish) and for the rest of house make use of my existing connections?

So what I am planning to achieve will be somewhat like this:
Living Room and Basement : Dish TV for International Programming (Non HD Channels) + SureWest for American Channels (HD + Non HD Channels)
Rest of the House : SureWest
Internet: Separate FiberOptic line.

I will appreciate any help or guidance.

Thanks!

No. You need separate lines.

Are you sure he can't use 2 diplexers to combine the Dish and cable? Last I checked they run on different frequencies unless digital cable is up in the 950-1450Mhz area

Cable runs on similar frequencies as satellite so diplexing both could cause problems. However, I have seen it work. The problem you will have will be with tv2. It will be fuzzy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)