Dish TV Comcast internet

Gloria Brown

Original poster
Jun 18, 2019
New Jersey
I hope this posts. I cancelled my Dish home appointment. I figured it out thanks to a great talk with a really nice patient Tech. No on demand but settings said I was connected.
After going through everything with a great phone tech I looked at my Comcast app I just installed and saw it was paused.
Didn’t think that would matter but apparently it worked. I have Comcast internet and Dish TV,
No on demand or apps on tv couldn’t use. If you have an app from Comcast don’t pause it! That’ was my problem. Love Dish TV internet was too slow so that’s why I have both. Yay
Dish guys ??

I'm curious what the pause function on the Comcast app does. Does it turn off your Internet service?

I'm curious what the pause function on the Comcast app does. Does it turn off your Internet service?

I had to look it up myself. In the Xfi app there is a programmable setting to pause at a specific time then back on. Our household is me and my better half. We wouldn’t benefit as we’ve never come close to our usage limits. Also if we were away on a trip wouldn’t be able to access Dishanywhere. I didn’t see a manual pause listed in the app description.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)