Dish TV picture quality

videophilegregg

Original poster
Jul 20, 2017
somonauk, IL
I just changed from Directv to Dish TV and am seeing a noticeable loss of picture quality. Softened faces, motion blur and jagged edges.Is Dish inherently lower quality or is an improvement possible?

Adjust you picture controls for the best picture for any service you take. I have had both sat services and my picture control settings were way different to get the best picture for each service. Same will happen if you switch from satellite to cable.

One thing I found that helped my picture quality is the screen adjustment in settings. It tells you to zoom in till circles are just inside edge of screen. I found if I zoom all the way out that the quality looks better and the picture still fills the entire screen. I guess it's like zooming in on a picture on a phone. The closer you get the worse it look.

I just changed from Directv to Dish TV and am seeing a noticeable loss of picture quality. Softened faces, motion blur and jagged edges.Is Dish inherently lower quality or is an improvement possible?
Which receiver was installed? Double check the video resolution settings and make sure it says 720p or 1080i

Reactions: KAB and Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts