Dish TV Price?

quickguide1

Original poster
Feb 12, 2010
nyc
I live in New York City. I am Time Warner Cable but just the basic cable and pay about 22 dollars a month. There is basically nothing to watch on television because of it. Only reason why i got basic was because the regular cable cost me about 65 dollars a month with Time Warner for 70 something channels.

I saw Dish TV gives 120 channels and you only pay 24.99 for the first 12 months and then 39.99 a month after that. I talked to support online and they told me it is available in my area. I live in a 6 floor building and not a house.

Does anyone for have the 24.99/month plan currently or have the 39.99 plan with the 120 channels tell me how much their bill is every month? I wanted to know how much it would cost plus taxes and support could not give me the number and just told me its 24.99/month and 39.99/month after 12 months.

I saw the channels for Dish TV for 120 channels and it gives even more channels than time warner cable when i paid about 65 dollars for it total a month. Can someone tell me how much Dish TV cost per month plus taxes.

Thanks.

If you get a DVR, add $6 a month. If you get locals, add $6 a month. If you want to get the "protection plan" so any replacements for bad equipment costs you at most $15 instead of at least $100, add $6 a month. Add tax to all of that, there is your bill. So $40+6+6+6+tax= hey! about $65 bucks a month!

Add another $10 for HD channels if you want HD.

If you want to have Dish in more than one or two rooms:
Add another $7 a month if you want a basic second receiver.
Add another $10 a month if you want a DVR second receiver (but Dish said there is only one DVR fee so those $3 are a figment of your imagination)
Add another $17 if you want an additional dual-tuner two-room receiver.

You do have more flexibility on what programming you get. But recently Dish went to the "feed the pig" model they made fun of only a few years ago where everything has a fee. Tell us exactly what you want and we can probably give you a good real-world price. I have the "everything" package that goes for $99. But after all the fees not included in "everything" my total bill is $143. So as always the devil is in the details.

Make sure you have a clear view of the southern sky on your private use area in your apartment (balcony, window, whatever.) or you have WRITTEN permission to mount a dish on a wall or roof that does NOT belong to you.

I don't want DVR or any of those special programming. My television is old. Its not even an LCD. Its those big televisions so I cannot even get HD.

How much would you say it cost around if I get nothing. What is locals?

I think it is 8.8 percent the tax percentage.

What would be the estimate based on what i want which is the 24.99 plan and no special stuff added to it?

If you get locals, add $6 a month.

Locals are $5!

AT120 w/ locals = $40/mo.

AT120 w / locals and DVR = $46/mo.

AT120 w/ locals and HD = $50/mo.

AT120 w/ locals, HD, and DVR - $56/mo.

Receiver for two televisions included in monthly price.

Subtract $15/mo. from any of the above for first 12 months for new subscribers. Locals (ABC, CBS, etc.) are included in the pricing.

Dunno what the tax is.

Last edited:
"Locals" are your local channels... ABC, CBS, Fox whatever from your local area.

Even though you may not know it.... you really want a DVR. It changes the way you watch TV.

anyone can give me a direct answer? don't know why this topic has went off tangent here.

I'm not sure what you mean?

You asked how much your bill would be and we have answered the question from just about every angle.

The problem is that the $40 price ($25 for the first year) is for programming and your first receiver only. We have been answering questions you haven't asked but need to:

1) How many TVs do you want to work independently?
2) Do you want your regional sports channels (YES, MSG, etc)
3) Do you want HD (You said no-- so that question has been answered)
4) Do you want a DVR? (You said no but I personally think that answer came out of ignorance on how much a DVR will change the way you watch TV)
5) What tax rate applies to your bill? (One person says there is none, some say it is 8.8%).

Did I miss anything?

Let us know.

If your tax is 8.8% then multiply 24.99 by 1.088, this gives you 27.19.
if your tax is 8.8% then multiply 39.99 by 1.088, this gives you 43.51.

I'll send you a bill for accounting services. :D:D

1. Just 1 tv
2. Yes to the the sports
3. No because my TV is an old TV. Its not even LCD
4. Don't need it
5. I think its 8.8 percent

OK so what part of $44.99 + tax don't you understand?
Thats Top 120, with Local channels and local RSN's.
Tax is different for every state.
I live in Pa
So for me it would be $44.99 x.06
If you don't know what your state sales tax is then , Then I feel sorry for you, If you can't add that to you package price , then I feel even more sorry for you.:rolleyes:
Try not to be too lazy!:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts