Dish, TWC Next for MSNBCHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

am7crew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Dish, Time Warner Cable In New York Next For MSNBC HD - 2009-07-03 09:01:56 EDT | Multichannel News

MSNBC HD, which came out of the gate with launches on systems owned by 10 distributors on June 29, will debut on Dish Network and within Time Warner Cable's Big Apple footprint in July.
According to NBC Universal officials, Dish Network will extend the enhanced version of MSNBC nationally this month.
For its part, Time Warner Cable, which bowed the news service's HD feed on its systems serving Syracuse and Binghamton, N.Y. on June 29, is slated to open MSNBC HD to its customers in the New York City boroughs of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island on July 22.
Bend Broadband is among the other distributors scheduled to add MSNBC HD in August -- at which time it is expected to be available in 11 million homes -- and everything after.

MSNBC has been planning its migration to the high-definition since moving from Secaucus, N.J., into NBCU headquarters at 30 Rockefeller Plaza since October 2007.

Featuring new shows, The Meeting With Dylan Ratigan from 9-11 a.m., and an hour hosted by health guru Dr. Nancy Snyderman at noon, MSNBC HD, in addition to the aforementioned Time Warner Cable launches in upstate New York, rolled June 29 out on systems owned by distributors Armstrong (Ohio), Atlantic Telephone Membership Corp., Beld, Burlington Telecom, Click Network, Columbia Power & Water Systems, Horry Telephone Cooperative, Massillon Cable and Cablevision, throughout the New York DMA (where it holds exclusivity preventing Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-verse from offering the news service in either the standard- or high-definition format).

Cool, maybe D* will get it soon after. More HD is welcome for both companies.

And yes! Bring on ESPNU soon!!!!

I get espnu-hd off twc with a qam tuner.

I need to borrow your tuner...... mine does not seem to pickup that channel way down here in Alabama.:D

We have Charter here. I think you can only pickup local hd off of qam tuner. Hell, come to think of it , Charter only has a handfull of hd channels anyway.

Yes you would. I get AMC HD via Comcast and association fees. It is nice to see a lot of the old VOOM movies on it. Only draw back is frequency of commercial breaks.

Has IFC HD launched yet?

Yep, Rainbow has an AMC HD feed, and IFC HD feed, and even a WE HD feed. I have, however, heard many IFC movies are not yet broadcast in HD, even some that aired on Voom in HD.

Doesn't TWC have some kind of exclusive deal with MSNBC in the New York area? I know you can't get it on FIOS there.

Add MSNBC (soon) for the news and TCM (when?) for many older movies and I could completely live with it. I would have to re-think the premiums. Currently at AEP+Gold HD+Platinum HD+locals and 722/722/622. Wonder if I will save anything? I need to save.
-Ken

Add MSNBC (soon) for the news and TCM (when?) for many older movies and I could completely live with it. I would have to re-think the premiums. Currently at AEP+Gold HD+Platinum HD+locals and 722/722/622. Wonder if I will save anything? I need to save.
-Ken

TCM has only appeared recently (late May, I think) in a C-band mux (Galaxy 14, TP 17, along with HLN HD and TruTV HD). I'm not sure it has officially launched.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts