Dish UFH Remote Doesn't Work At All!

dennis96411

Original poster
May 26, 2009
North Carolina
My UFH Remote doesn't work at all! The batteries are new, the lights lit when I press a button, but it does not work AT ALL! Not even to control my TV! I tried to reprogram it, but the receiver doesn't respond to the remote! WTF? How the h*ll am I suppose to watch TV in my room? My parents watch outside all the time, an most of the time is my dad watchin news! And I hate news!

Ummmm details please. That is if you actually want a help. If you were just looking for a place to vent, well, mission accomplished.

look up one of the dozens of threads in here about setting the remote address on the UHF pro remote.

Also make sure that you have the correct remote (TV1 and TV2 remotes look very similar)

TV2 remote controls both tuners, as does TV1 remote, in single mode.

Take your remote down to the receiver and see if the little 6" antenna is still attached to the UHF remote plug on the back of the receiver.

Try the remote a couple of feet from the receiver.

It may be on a different channel than the receiver.

Pull out the manual (or look it up on the dish website) and learn how to synchronize them.

Okay, first of all, I'm 13, so WTF? Move out??
And second, it's not the receiver's or antenna's problem, it's the remote itself, as I said earlier it doesn't even control my TV.
Third, I already tried reprogramming the remote, the receiver doesn't even recognize the remote when I press a button.
I'm guessing the remote itself is hay wired.

menu 6,1,3

Take tv 2 remote to tv1. Press menu 6,1,3 on tv1 remote. press record on tv 2 remote. Then press power on tv2 remote and see if blue light goes on. If not hold down sat button on tv2 remote until all lights flash. press 1,#,record and it should work. On system info screen, look at tv2 symbol. It should also flash when pressing buttons on tv2 remote.
If this doesn't help check to see if antenna is on right coax on back of receiver. Every once in a while the receiver just won't see tv2 remote, and you would need a new box.

Okay I fixed it by holding SAT, pressing random numbers, and press #. I wasn't even in the System Info. I'm just glad it's fixed.
Wow, see now if that worked, had you followed dak's instructions correctly, you could have had it working hours ago. Normally I welcome people to satellite guys, but in your case, I'm just gonna say, I'm really glad your problems fixed. From now on, when something isn't working, please have mommy or daddy post something since you seem unwilling to do anything but yell at people who are trying to help you. None of us are paid by dish to be here and help people. We are here because we love satellite, and want others to enjoy what we enjoy. Perhaps you should check out these forums (High School Musical Forum - Topix) so you can interact with people closer to your maturity and intellectual level.