Dish upgrade problems

rvrman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
Cincinnaati OH
Have had a Dish 1000 with a VIP622 and a pair of 625 dvr that have worked perfect for 2 years.

Bought 2 new Panny plasmas and had DN come out to remove the 625 and replace it with 2 VIP612s.
Tech arrives at 9am. He left at 4:30pm and could not get the whole package to work correctly.
What he did:
Pulled my dish 1000
Installed a dish 1000.2.
Added another dish (I don't know the #) for the 77 satellite. He said my local HDs.
I won't go into all the problems he created for himself, that's another story.
Anyway... the (2) 612s work great. My old 622 wont get the upper HD channels.
First he said it was a tree. I reminded him that even when the tree had leaves we had flawless HD.
He then made 2 phone calls and decided I need a Dish 1000.4.
That would fix everything and get rid of the extra dish. (thanks for the holes in my roof). Now I have to wait 10 days for their "EARLIEST" appt.
Why can't they finish the open work orders before starting another?

Does the fix sound correct??

Thanks in advance.

I'm going to call DN in the morning and raise Heck!
Just need some info if they are on the right track.

If the tech arrived at 9 and left at 4:30, it sounds like you had a brand new tech that really wasn't sure what he was doing. Was he a Dish Network tech or a sub contractor? He also should have left you with a copy of the work performed that you should have signed. If so, there should be an 800 number on it which should be the number to the office he is from. If so, call that number and ask for a Field Service Manager to help get someone out earlier. It sounds like he did far more work than was necessary. If you needed the EA dish, it should have been on the work order. As long as the cables were "approved" that job should have taken 1 to 2 hours, maybe 3 he he changed the cables.

"the (2) 612s work great. My old 622 wont get the upper HD channels."

Something is not right here. How can 2 receivers work and one won't? On the 622, what satellites do you get when you go to Menu, 6, 1, 3? Are they all green?

unless im mistaken the 77 should only be used on a eastern arc setup, why would he combine it with a dish 1000.2? If he was trying to use the 1000.2 as a 1000.4 I guess that would make sense. If your market is indeed eastern arc then you need a single dish 1000.4.

RandallA
I stand corrected. I took the tech's word that the 612s were ALL ok. They do drop the upper HD channels also.
I get 77, 110, 119 and 129 on all 3 dvrs and they are all green
I get HD local on all dvrs.

kb2vgp
Sub contractor.
There is a 800 # to call them. I don't know if I want to complain to them or not. I don't want a disgruntled tech coming back. Especially after he was all over the house and got a "lay of the land" so to speak. When he called to schedule for the 1000.4 dish, he called Dish Network. I talked to the gal and asked her. She was in Oklahoma and she conferenced the DISPATCH dept and they said 9 days was the shortest wait with all the techs they use here I the area.The problem is he really didn't do much work.
Most of his time was trying to figure why we didn't have signal to one of the 612s.
When he put in the dish for 77 he connected the cable to the wrong output. We had to wait an hour for his boss to get there to go back up on the roof and find it. My original dish 1000 worked perfect. He said he had to go to a 1000.2 for some reason.

"He said he had to go to a 1000.2 for some reason."

To add the dish for 77. What are your signals on 129? Go to Menu, 6, 1, 1, and select 129 for satellite. Then go to transponders and select some of them to get the signal. I usually check 6 (always the lowest for me), 19, 30 (always the highest) and 31.

Most likely you have very low signals and that's why you don't get the HD channels on none of the receivers. I think your HD locals are coming from 77.

Well if they can get you fixed up with the eastern arc 1000.4 it will be worth the wait....once it is said and done. I had a very similar problem and it took 3 tries before they got it right. It does look a lot cleaner with just one dish.
I will tell you that I complained to DN technical department about the work not getting done to my satisfaction in a timely manor. I spoke to a tech support rep and she went above my expectations in straightening out the situation. I ended up getting a free month of service out of the deal. ;)

It is obvious that the tech that did your install really didn't know what he was doing, or didn't want to take down your 1000.2 dish and run the proper cables to your receivers. All you need for your setup is the 1000.4, one dish not two. If the receipt you have has does not have the sub contractors name on it, then that is probably the number of your local Dish Network Service (DNS) office. Call them and ask for a manager, don't call back the sub contractor that did the install. When you do, they should send someone much sooner that the 9 days the rep told you already over the phone. When they spoke to dispatch, they were just looking at the open calendars in their system and setting you up with another appointment. The Field Service Manager is the person you want to talk to to override the calendars and put you at the top of the list. When you do, let them know you do not want a sub contractor but a Dish Network tech. Gook luck!

It is obvious that the tech that did your install really didn't know what he was doing, or didn't want to take down your 1000.2 dish and run the proper cables to your receivers. All you need for your setup is the 1000.4, one dish not two. If the receipt you have has does not have the sub contractors name on it, then that is probably the number of your local Dish Network Service (DNS) office. Call them and ask for a manager, don't call back the sub contractor that did the install. When you do, they should send someone much sooner that the 9 days the rep told you already over the phone. When they spoke to dispatch, they were just looking at the open calendars in their system and setting you up with another appointment. The Field Service Manager is the person you want to talk to to override the calendars and put you at the top of the list. When you do, let them know you do not want a sub contractor but a Dish Network tech. Gook luck!

All I have is the sub contractor phone # on the work order.
Where do I find a Dish Network Service office # that will get me to a FIELD SERVICE MANAGER?

I talked to Dish CS yesterday and found out the tech filed a report of lack of signal due to tree.
That's BS. We have never lost signal due to tree even when in FULL LEAF mode on our HD channels prior to this guy coming out.
I'm calling back today to finish my conversation with them.

How do I get hold of a Dish FIELD SERVICE MANAGER?

They showed up at 11 am Tues. and pulled 2 dishes off the roof.
Installed the new 1000.4 and ran 1 new cable from the outside to my Pioneer plasma. The supervisor said he didn't like the looks of the old cable.
Fired everything up and PRESTO!

I'm good to go.
And at no additional charge for the HD dvr (2 of them) upgrade, new dish set up, labor and my monthly stayed the same.

Dish Network has a contract with Digital Dish out of Millersburg OH.
All new customers in the state of Ohio get installed by them. They are called the ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT PROVIDER by DN.

They also do repair and upgrades.
Calling them gets you a quicker appt. than by calling DN.
Digital Dish - 1-800-893-1991

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts