DISH urges FCC to take immediate action against Sinclair

Here is my whole take on it. Everytime there is a dispute Dish cries wolf, says they are keeping your rates low and are fighting for you.

When I was in bed with Dish, I used to believe that.

The fact of the matter is that they are raising your rates every year reguardless. Only difference is that you had to put up with being without service during this dispute while Charlie bickers over pennies.

The only difference is that those pennies add up and the time you had to deal with not getting your programming is profit in dish networks pocket.

For once I would like to see Dish or any provider say that they are not raising rates this year because of winning so and do programming dispute

Like from 2011-2013 when Dish price locked all Americas top programming for 24 months while also giving all customers Starz free for 12 months?

H
For once I would like to see Dish or any provider say that they are not raising rates this year because of winning so and do programming dispute

Has Dish actually "won" a programming dispute that included no increase in costs versus negotiating the smallest increase they could get? Most of the multi-year carriage agreements also include automatic annual increases. Is it reasonable to expect Dish to eat those too? I don't like fee increases any more than any one else, but I can lay the blame where it belongs.

Reactions: dare2be
Here is my whole take on it. Everytime there is a dispute Dish cries wolf, says they are keeping your rates low and are fighting for you.

When I was in bed with Dish, I used to believe that.

The fact of the matter is that they are raising your rates every year reguardless. Only difference is that you had to put up with being without service during this dispute while Charlie bickers over pennies.

The only difference is that those pennies add up and the time you had to deal with not getting your programming is profit in dish networks pocket.

None of that has anything to do with this issue of Sinclair attempting to negotiate for 32 stations it doesn't own or control, in violation of FCC rules.

Reactions: dare2be
We always have had only 1 TV (and 1 Dish receiver) in our house. We are a family of 4. When my 2 daughters were growing up we watched TV together and we had to compromise a bit because so that we could watch together as a family. Now that the kids are grown and have their own families, I am happy that they are doing the same thing (only 1 TV per household). There is a lot more to life than TV!

Not for people with a single receiver that was non dvr. Besides, Claude said programming costs. For 2 years, Dish did not raise the price for their core programming costs.
no instead they went a $5 increase, then nothing, then a $5 increase
Directv at the time went $3, $3, $3

So if a company 'freezes prices" yet raises then more the previous year and the next year....are you really "saving money"?

We always have had only 1 TV (and 1 Dish receiver) in our house. We are a family of 4. When my 2 daughters were growing up we watched TV together and we had to compromise a bit because so that we could watch together as a family. Now that the kids are grown and have their own families, I am happy that they are doing the same thing (only 1 TV per household). There is a lot more to life than TV!

Thank you. Instead of raising a couple of spoiled kids who are used to having everything go their way, you taught your children how to live with and have consideration for others. Your children learned coping skills, something which seems to be missing in today's politically correct don't hurt anyone's feelings world.

no instead they went a $5 increase, then nothing, then a $5 increase
Directv at the time went $3, $3, $3

So if a company 'freezes prices" yet raises then more the previous year and the next year....are you really "saving money"?
Looking back on DTV, I cannot find specific increases, but what I have seen are direct increases of 6% each year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts