Dish USB OTA adapter problem

I like my solution for watching locals. It's stress free and costs a mere $12/mo. No dinking around with adapters, antennas , cables and other stuff. I have one of the older OTAs and am going to hang onto that thing until it turns into gold.

Alright! Which one of you fixed my system while I was at work?! LOL! :computerwindow So I get home, run another scan and all the channels I was missing were there. Now the only other problem I have is when I select a local channel from the Dish Wally guide the screen come up black. I have to keep retrying and finally the picture comes up. I think this is a ploy by Dish to get us to pay for the OTA channels from them. ;)

Reactions: TheKrell
So basically in the end, I just send the device back and received a refund. It really was a terrible device. I noticed another post was written with the same problem I was having.

I could not do your job. I hope you can leave work, AT work. Or you’ll go crazy.

I wonder how long they’ll last. Since I primarily use a CM DVR+, maybe I should just unplug mine.

Hi Folks, I'm new here, and to Dish Network Pay-as-you-go program. I hope this question has not already been asked, and I hope some of you have run into this exact same problem AND found a solution to it. Here's my problem: When I connect my antenna straight into my HDTV's built in OTA tuner and do a scan from my HDTV, I'm picking up about 75 or 76 channels with perfect reception. Without touching the antenna in the attic, I unplug the cable from the HDTV's built in OTA tuner and plug it into the Dish Dual-Tuner OTA adapter and have the Wally scan for channels and it only finds 30. Every time I do a re-scan it finds a different number of channels between 30 and 50 but never even close to the 75 or 76 the TV OTA module itself finds. It would be no big deal at all except I can never get the major networks of ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX at the same time. Have any of you seen this on your systems? Did any of you who found this problem fix it by simply getting a more powerful booster? Or did you get a more powerful antenna? I can list all the equipment and troubleshooting steps I've taken if you want that info. Thank you to everyone for your input.

That is why I still have my vip211k. It has a great OTA tuner. Pretty well matches any on my TVs. Only one tuner I have is more sensitive, but only by a hair. I looked into the Wally, but the OTA dongle just does not match up with what I have in the 211k.

Reactions: Breakfast97

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts