Dish VIP622

listenup

Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
Selma, Oregon
Hello all,
I just received a Dish receiver VIP622. It is for our mobile home and will be hooked up to a Dish 1000 on a tripod. It has a triple LNB (DP Plus). It will be hooked to a single TV. We have an existing Dish account. It is hooked up via an S Video cable and the red and white RCA cables from the receiver to the TV. It is hooked up to the #3 port on the dish and then to the separator and then to #1 and #2 on the receiver. I know the cables are secure. Here's the problem. I do get the point dish screen and have the 3 different figures for Elev. Skew and Azimuth. but, 1. I get no tone to find the optimum signal. 2. I get an error message #530 (one of the switches not connected properly. and 3. there is no sound whatsoever. I thought (that's the first problem) that you would have a low tone and as the signal gets stronger the sound amplifies.
Could the LNB be the problem? or? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Mike

Okay a dish 1000, should have a dishpro plus twin and a single dual lnb for the 129 sat slot. If you have a triple lnb , do you mean a triple single lnb for a dish 1000.2 sat dish or do you mean three single dual lnbs ? IF you are using 3 single dual lnbs , I don't believe you can use a separator by itself. You would need the dish pro plus 33 switch for 3 sats, then I think you could use a separator. A dish 1000.2 is the newer dish that replaced the dish 1000 sat dish. It has a built in switch and you can use a separator with out another switch. IF all else fails call DISH and talk to the tech department.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)