Dish VIP722 and TWC Cable Modem

penaltykiller74

Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
Apex, NC
I would like to set up my cable modem and router where my VIP722 is. There is only one line going to that location.

It is set up to be a second tuner for a different room, so IT uses a diplexer to get the TV2 out to the right room.

Id it possible to add in another set of diplexers to merge the TWC Cable Modem signal into that one line?

A diagram would be cool to if you've got it to work.

Thanks in advance and if this was answered on a different forum and I missed it, I apologize.

Need a new line ran for modem. The cable line can't carry dish signal and internet signal on same line the frequency over laps with each other. Could work but with problems for both.

I would like to set up my cable modem and router where my VIP722 is. There is only one line going to that location.

It is set up to be a second tuner for a different room, so IT uses a diplexer to get the TV2 out to the right room.

Id it possible to add in another set of diplexers to merge the TWC Cable Modem signal into that one line?
If I understand your setup I believe a simple splitter on the cable line should work.
The backfeed is a rf channel nowhere near the freq. the modem uses. You shouldn't need diplexers. Split between the street and the installed diplexer, use a good quality splitter. You may have a signal strength issue to the modem, if you have connection problems
remove the splitter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)