Dish vs. Comcast Early Impressions/Comparisons

Hmmm...Gary - I am looking at Comcast's website right now. For the San Jose area here is what is listed with prices:

Digital Plus (about 128 channels) - $59.20/month ($39.99 for first 3 months)
HDTV cable box - $5/month
DVR - $9.95/month

Total would be $74.15/month...

Where did you get your prices?

pacman said:
Hmmm...Gary - I am looking at Comcast's website right now. For the San Jose area here is what is listed with prices:

Digital Plus (about 128 channels) - $59.20/month ($39.99 for first 3 months)
HDTV cable box - $5/month
DVR - $9.95/month

Total would be $74.15/month...

Where did you get your prices?
I got my prices from the same place you did. That is why my post says:
Digital Plus $59
HD DVR $10
There is no $5 HD cable box charge, as I have the HD DVR, not the non-DVR HD box, which would only be $5.

pacman said:
So Gary, are you saying that the Comcast box doesn't give you the option to connect your own antenna and view OTA HD?
The Comcast box doesn't have an RF out, so no RF pass through, if that's what you were referring to.

I assumed everybody knew that cable boxes do not have built in OTA capability.

But, perhaps you misunderstood my original comment. I wasn't saying that I didn't receiving my local WB and UPN channels at all. I was saying that I did not receive the digital broadcasts of these channels, hence no HD from them.

That is changing, though. My local Comcast is converting to QAM256, as I said in an earlier post, in addition to removing PPV channels, thus increasing bandwidth, and making room for these channels.

OK, I misread your prices...sorry! As for the OTA question, I was not aware that the cable HD boxes (DVR or not) didn't have an antenna input...guess it doesn't really matter if they add in all the local HDTV channels. Thanks!

720p is unwatchable on my 6000 STB

Best for new service?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)