DISH -VS- VOOM - A Settlement has been reached!

Charlie WANTED to keep VOOM that is why he dropped from 15 channels to 5. It was VOOM who said carry them all or nothing. VOOM could still be on Dish TODAY if they didn't do that.
Well 5 from 15 means Charlie no longer chose to invest.
Thats simple from a business standpoint.
Thats an insult to Voom!

Thats like me building 15 houses a year for a Builder, But then out of the blue now the builder is only offering me 5 houses a year, Well I need atleast 10 to keep the lights on,
So what the hell good is 5 going to do for me? NOTHING!!
Bankrupt me , Just like Charlie did to VOOM!
Only difference I won't get a Billion Dollar Satellite out of the deal.

Thats an insult to Voom!

Thats like me building 15 houses a year for a Builder, But then out of the blue now the builder is only offering me 5 houses a year, Well I need atleast 10 to keep the lights on,

If Voom would have invested money into the 15 channels to provide more content, there would have been more Dish subscribers tuning into those channels but it was Voom that decided not to make this investment and that is why they went out of business.

And that is different from other channels in what way?
"Different channels" have no bearing on this. Dish and VOOM had a contract that stated Dish would put A LOT of money into the network on the condition they produce content. VOOM didn't and what Dish alleges them to have spent the money on is another issue Dish has with VOOM.

If Voom would have invested money into the 15 channels to provide more content, there would have been more Dish subscribers tuning into those channels but it was Voom that decided not to make this investment and that is why they went out of business.
I already agreed its Both at fault. Read above a few posts.

Hemi 6.1 said:
Well if any of the Jury had VOOM, they would have noticed their was a big lack of new content,and TONS of repeats near the end of the VOOM life as we knew it.

As directed by Charlie to make the Voom product less appealing, but there's no need in going over it again... I just miss my Voom. :(

Hemi 6.1 said:
I agree with you, for the peanuts Voom had to work with, Its hard to get new content.
Charlie should know that.
Are you in the movie / show production business?

Have to wonder if VOOM really was then 'cause they agreed to the peanut-level amount...

Thats an insult to Voom!
No Charlie was willing to pay the same for the 5 as he was for the 15. This is on record.

It was VOOM who instead decided to fly execs around the globe and use the money that was supposed to go for programming. Again this is on record as well.

Don't let a good rant get in the way of the facts. :)

No Charlie was willing to pay the same for the 5 as he was for the 15. This is on record.

It was VOOM who instead decided to fly execs around the globe and use the money that was supposed to go for programming. Again this is on record as well.

Don't let a good rant get in the way of the facts. :)
Wow for once I actually agree and like something Scott said.:up

Well since Voom continued until 2009 to do their business with the rest of the world and provide new programming, then flying them around was a good decision and as people know in the business, it is just part of being in business.
But otherwise everyone please stop with the tired hallow rant of lack of new programming. Compared to others like the Discovery suite, Scripps, Disney, or Hallmark who are stilling running much the same content today and finding endless ways to repackage it over and over again for their few different channels, Voom in its day was at least equal in the amount content it provided.

Wow. IIRC he was already paying Big Bucks for the 15.
Yup.

Believe it or not Charlie LIKED VOOM.

I got to sit down with Charlie and talk to him about VOOM on a few occasions, in fact a number of SatelliteGuys members were able to sit down with him and talk about VOOM just days after the channels were dropped.

Charlie said he wanted to keep the 5 channels and have VOOM move some of the programs from the dropped channels onto the 5 remaining channels which would lead to much less reruns and repeats. If Charlie didn't like VOOM he wouldn't have kept the 5 most watched channels. The big thing here is that we he removed the 10 channels VOOM demanded that he return them all... of drop them all.

Charlie don't like ultimatiums and pulled them all.

I have spoken to many people froom VOOM over the years since the service has gone dark and all of them have told me that ultimatium was a big mistake on VOOM's part.

My feeling is is VOOM went Charlie way and programmed those 5 channels that they would still be around today and would be available on a number of providers here in the USA. Their demands to carry all 15 channels is why nobody picked them up here in the USA. There was not (and really still is not) the real estate to host 15 HD channels for one service.

Youo can blame Charlie for a LOT of things over the years but I do believe in my heart he was trying to save VOOM and make it better.

DISH Network Statement on Pending litigation with VOOM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Feb. 15, 2011DISH Network L.L.C., issued the following statement today about recent developments in its pending litigation with Voom HD Holdings:

“We are pleased that the New York Appellate Division - First Department has granted DISH Network’s motion for a stay of the court’s Nov. 3, 2010, Order and the trial in this matter until the court has had an opportunity to decide the merits of DISH Network’s appeal from that Order. We respectfully believe that portions of the Nov. 3, 2010, Order were incorrectly decided and, upon a full review by the First Department, should be reversed.”

DISH Network Statement on Pending litigation with VOOM

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Feb. 15, 2011DISH Network L.L.C., issued the following statement today about recent developments in its pending litigation with Voom HD Holdings:

“We are pleased that the New York Appellate Division - First Department has granted DISH Network’s motion for a stay of the court’s Nov. 3, 2010, Order and the trial in this matter until the court has had an opportunity to decide the merits of DISH Network’s appeal from that Order. We respectfully believe that portions of the Nov. 3, 2010, Order were incorrectly decided and, upon a full review by the First Department, should be reversed.”
Still nothing posted on EchoStar/Dish Network web sites...and no documents have been posted by the Court. Regardless, I don't think anything will change other than the trial date being pushed back until the fall. We shall see.

Update: there is actually nothing new to update in this case. We're still pending a ruling on EchoStar's appeal of the courts egrigious spoilation sanctions. Unlike Tivo, it's unlikely a settlement will be reached since VOOM was shutdown long-ago and all assets were sold. It's just a money grab and the peanut gallery wants to know which party was the most responsible for killing VOOM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)