DISH -VS- VOOM - A Settlement has been reached!

They should change the title of this thread to "Voom went boom", that was so cool back then. Maybe that will be the opening statement in court Monday?
Now it seems all about AMC.

Will someone be in court watching that can report to us? Is court TV still around?

They should change the title of this thread to "Voom went boom", that was so cool back then. Maybe that will be the opening statement in court Monday?
Now it seems all about AMC.

Will someone be in court watching that can report to us? Is court TV still around?

How about changing it to: "Charlie admits he was wrong!" RE: Making Voom go Boom!

Yeah, that'll never happen either!

This is the one time i hope scott is wrong...

It would be nice, but I think Scott is right on. I don't think the cost of adding the Pac12 net and the renegotiated Big10 net will be offset by the loss of the amc nets, so a price increase is coming. Now if amc were to also return, it could be a large price increase

I can't see an $8 price increase, the most maybe $5.

What I see them doing is charging for locals again so they can keep the same price points.

As far as the lawsuit, Dish has been on the loosing end lately. The destruction of evidence alone should be enough for then to loose this case. 10 years ago they could get away with this because they where a small company. The courts ain't playing their games anymore.

if we did get amc and disney back i would knock that increase up from about $8 to $12

GOD I hope not. I can't see many of the DISH customers wanting to pay that much more a month. Personally I have dropped from AEP to Top 250 to Top 200 and dropped many additional receivers, over the years to counter the price hikes over the last 10 years or so. There is not much more to drop now,except to top 120 and then the Welcome pack. I hate to lose much more in the way of programming. I only get HBO because it is either FREE or 1/2 price for 6 months. I love HBO, but if they hike the price to $18.00 a month, like I'm hearing that they will , I will simply not buy it at all any more. There are limits to what people are willing to pay for tv. Some of the country has already reached that limit and started cord cutting. Pushing the price for basic programming up by $12.00 more a month would push more people to cut the cord.

GOD I hope not. I can't see many of the DISH customers wanting to pay that much more a month. Personally I have dropped from AEP to Top 250 to Top 200 and dropped many additional receivers, over the years to counter the price hikes over the last 10 years or so. There is not much more to drop now,except to top 120 and then the Welcome pack. I hate to lose much more in the way of programming. I only get HBO because it is either FREE or 1/2 price for 6 months. I love HBO, but if they hike the price to $18.00 a month, like I'm hearing that they will , I will simply not buy it at all any more. There are limits to what people are willing to pay for tv. Some of the country has already reached that limit and started cord cutting. Pushing the price for basic programming up by $12.00 more a month would push more people to cut the cord.

we will find out early next year on the new pricing. i bet receiver fees will go up as well. earlier this year i dropped down from the top 250 to the top 200 and i wasn't happy with what i had so i went back to the top 250. i hope the price increase is not that much as well. hopefully it will be $5 or under.

Honestly, I've expected a good size price hike just for the fact that there was a two year freeze. No matter what channels are or aren't here I expect $5 on base packages (or locals extra like Claude mentioned), $1 or $2 increase on equipment (depending on the receiver) and increases on the premium packages (maybe $1 on $5 packages, $2 for BB@H and $2 on the rest).

So for me I expect $1 dvr increase, $2 on BB@H and a $5 increase on AT200. $8 increase for me. :(

I would actually be surprised if it was less for what I subscribe to.

kenny9966 said:
This is the one time i hope scott is wrong...

Me too but I have a feeling he is dead on. I have already adjusted packages several times to accommodate for price increases. I'm with DA Silver now but, depending on how much it goes up, may need to change again.

Honestly, I've expected a good size price hike just for the fact that there was a two year freeze. No matter what channels are or aren't here I expect $5 on base packages (or locals extra like Claude mentioned), $1 or $2 increase on equipment (depending on the receiver) and increases on the premium packages (maybe $1 on $5 packages, $2 for BB@H and $2 on the rest).

So for me I expect $1 dvr increase, $2 on BB@H and a $5 increase on AT200. $8 increase for me. :(

I would actually be surprised if it was less for what I subscribe to.

if dish goes up on the BB@home something needs to be added to it to make it go up 2 bucks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts