DISH -VS- VOOM - A Settlement has been reached!

I would agree, if BB goes up will look to see if there is any changes, if not that money for that package could go somewhere else
I can see them going up on some of the basic packages because some new channels got added there. nothing has been added to the BB@home channels in a long time. if it does go up I wanna see sundance back at 389, FEARnet added to it, or some other channel added to it.

Dish lost me as a customer when they dropped the Voom channels. Since then I've been getting HD locals off the air and streaming stuff from Netflix. I recently added Amazon Prime (mostly for shipping) to give me more options. I figure if I want to watch more recent stuff I can rent a lot of video for what I was paying Dish.

I can see them going up on some of the basic packages because some new channels got added there. nothing has been added to the BB@home channels in a long time. if it does go up I wanna see sundance back at 389, FEARnet added to it, or some other channel added to it.

Well those 2 would cover about .20cents of a price increase, what would cover the rest of it. ;)

what would you like to have?

Nothing.

I would rather see about 30 or more channels go away. Then the programmers would actually have to program their networks instead of running daily marathons of the same crap over and over spread out over a networks family of 8-10 channels.

I will give it to you, that there is nothing out there, other than Chiller, that shows anything comparable to Fearnet's niche. However, until another niche channel goes away to make room for it or they add it ala-carte, it falls into my category of a channel that needs to be combined with several others. Along with the half dozen disney channels, the nick channels, the lifetime channels, the espn channels, mtv channels etc...

Nothing.

I would rather see about 30 or more channels go away. Then the programmers would actually have to program their networks instead of running daily marathons of the same crap over and over spread out over a networks family of 8-10 channels.

I will give it to you, that there is nothing out there, other than Chiller, that shows anything comparable to Fearnet's niche. However, until another niche channel goes away to make room for it or they add it ala-carte, it falls into my category of a channel that needs to be combined with several others. Along with the half dozen disney channels, the nick channels, the lifetime channels, the espn channels, mtv channels etc...

ok. i respect your opinion. FEARnet is better than chiller. and I would not mind it a la carte.

Dish/Voom Trial Delayed

"The trial at New York State Supreme Court was scheduled to begin on Sept. 18, but was delayed after judge Richard Lowe said he needed a larger pool of potential jurors to begin jury selection. Lowe also encouraged Dish and AMC to continue settlement talks.

Read more: Will Dish Network settle Voom dispute with AMC Networks? - FierceCable http://www.fiercecable.com/story/wi...m_medium=nl&utm_source=internal#ixzz27Omq7tNQ
Subscribe: http://www.fiercecable.com/signup?sourceform=Viral-Tynt-FierceCable-FierceCable"
http://links.mkt1985.com/ctt?kn=192...4MjExNTE1NTIS1&b=0&j=MTMxMDQ4MDY1S0&mt=1&rt=0

...Will Dish Network settle Voom dispute with AMC Networks?

Another equally important question at this point is will Cablevision/AMC accept a settlement offer from Dish/SATS? There's plenty of bad blood between the two sides and, if they really do feel they have a slam-dunk case, perhaps they're willing to roll-the-dice and take this case to a verdict. We shall see.

Verizon just settled with TiVo in a deal similar to Dish. Among all parties, it appears MS is the stronger litigator, it settled with TiVo without paying anything. ATT settled for about half what Dish and Verizon did.

Let's see how good Dish is this time around.

So is the trail starting today (Monday). How long is the delay? The URL news updates above are from last week. Any new news today?

So is the trail starting today (Monday). How long is the delay? The URL news updates above are from last week. Any new news today?

To the best of my knowledge Jury Selection was postponed until 9:30 AM this morning. Apparently, there wasn't a large enough jury pool last week. Since the trial is in New York City, I imagine the court will disqualify a large percentage of perspective jurors who have strong feelings for or against Cablevision, AMC (to include WE, IFC), Dish Network, etc.

Another equally important question at this point is will Cablevision/AMC accept a settlement offer from Dish/SATS? There's plenty of bad blood between the two sides and, if they really do feel they have a slam-dunk case, perhaps they're willing to roll-the-dice and take this case to a verdict. We shall see.

They will if they want to have carriage for AMC. No matter what they can get from Dish, lack of carriage for AMC will hurt them more long term than any money they get out of this fiasco. The bad blood between them will virtually guarantee that Dish will not carry the AMC nets, short of a settlement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts