Dish WA 1000.2 Skew Mark Location....Pic Attached

Arkapigdiesel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Northwest Arkansas
After being a 12 year DirecTV customer, I finally bit the bullet and switched to Dish. I'm now having to re-learn a new pointing setup and all of the other fine points of a new/different system. Anyway, one thing that is confusing to me is that there's no skew mark on the stationary part of the dish. I think that I'm supposed to line up with the little cut out circle on the dish. See below pic for clarification.

Is that the "skew mark" that I line up with? I'm supposed to be at 120 on my skew setting, and I've got it in line with the cut out circle on my 1000.2 WA dish. I've got a green arrow pointer at where I think the skew mark is at on the stationary part of the dish. Is that the mark?

xsVCCIU.jpg

Reactions: charlesrshell
I should add that the top skew bolt in your photo and the bottom one on the other side are in the wrong locations for your skew. Take them out, readjust the skew, and then use one in the hole you can just see through the mount and the upper hole you can't see on the other side.

Maybe this pic will make it clearer... ;)

View attachment 138638
Well, it appears that the Dish tech that installed the dish on my house used the wrong skew point reference hole. He used the upper hole to set my 120 skew and not the one on the side, as you have indicated as the correct one :mad

My signal strength is good though, even though he used the wrong reference hole.

This is why I like to learn to point and install all of my own equipment.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If he set the skew wrong, you wouldn't be receiving multiple satellite locations. That would have to be the most incompetent tech ever.

I went on a service call a while back where the mast was at least 30 degrees off plumb and the wrong skew was compensating, kind of. :coco

I haven't seen one installed that oddly in years, and even then it was a DIY'd single sat dish. I wonder if the OP's installation is something odd like that. An overall photo of the entire dish setup could be interesting.

I take back what I said above. The tech DID install it correctly. I just came down from my roof and inspected things a little closer. He installed it on the skew point correctly. I also noticed that the skew point marker on the dish is diamond shaped whereas the other little holes are oval shaped. I think I'm all lined out on this now.

Appreciate everyone's help :biggrin

I've now moved my skew to the correct reference mark on my spare dish. I'll do a little dish pointing on my days off in the latter part of the week with my Super Buddy 29 I also bought last week.

As I said earlier, I've got a lot to learn.

Reactions: HipKat and NYDutch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts