Dish Wake the HELL UP!

Smithsonian is 24/7 HD.
Slightly OT but, Smitsonian will only have 75 hours of HD programming for now. Interesting article here washingtonpost.com - nation, world, technology and Washington area news and headlines about how the deal with D* came about.

Back on topic, I have to defend Charlie and E*. Just let D* continue to add the pseudo-HD channels and watch the uproar and complaints. E* should definitely wait for some HD channels with actual HD content before launching them. Remember that the HD customers are still a small percentage of E*'s customer base.

But if they loose them to D*, then they just should abandon HD:mad:

TBSHD, USAHD, SCIFIHD now:hungry::mad:

Not too likely. All E* has to do is hire D* ad agency. D* already proved that you can string customers along, for years if necessary, with future promises. ;)

NightRyder

They just don't have the bandwith or capacity for HD Locals at the moment. Maybe next year?

You'd think they would have thought about that when they announced 60 markets at CES in 2006. Clearly someone wasn't using their calculator right or something changed.

Also not the first one - the 1-game playoff between San Diego and Colorado was also on TBS HD.

Not to gloat, but D* had this on 2 (!) HD channels, including a "special events" channel.

Buffalo HDs

I got suckered into a combo plan about 6 months ago, so I'm locked in for another year yet. Otherwise I'd be gone. At the time, we were competing with D* in HD. D* had just gotten Buffalo, NY locals (which E* promised by year end 2006, I believe).

And ya know what - for us sports fans, and Die-Hard Baseball fans, getting TBSHD for a couple of weeks of playoffs is worth it to us over something else I wouldn't watch anyway. Besides - I'd love to see Family Guy in HD (or stretch-o for that matter) on a daily basis. I understand that Charlie shouldn't do something just because all the other kids are jumping off the bridge. But if you read the forums enough, there are quite a few baseball fans that are really anxious to watch the playoffs in HD. For me? I'm scr&wed because I don't even have locals in HD yet, so (does Fox have the series?) I can't watch the WS in HD either. HOWEVER - If I hadn't been so damn stupid as to lock in for 18 months, I could have had Extra Innings this year, could have Sunday Ticket right now, and could watch EVERY PLAYOFF GAME IN HD.

This sucks.

Go Sox!!

-Goober

Goober, have you tried OTA connection? I get all the locals that way when they broadcast in HD.

Furthermore, if I was Charlie and you shouted Go Sox, you would never get Buffalo in HD. lol

Everybody knows that Buffalo is a YANKEE TOWN and SABRE TOWN.

Go Sabres!!!:D

Goober, have you tried OTA connection? I get all the locals that way when they broadcast in HD.

Furthermore, if I was Charlie and you shouted Go Sox, you would never get Buffalo in HD. lol

Unfortunately, this yankee down does not get YES Network. Dish btw just added Yes in HD today.

The real question is, When is Dish going to claim these hockey hd channels as national hd and claim the lead form Direct.:D

I dunno, i'm still pretty happy with E* and their HD offerings... the 622 is a good unit though I wish it had more internal disk space or an eSATA port... USB archiving is just kind of lame in it's current state...

People just need to not freak out... taking a SD channel adding some unconverted programming and calling it HD just doesn't satisfy me (look at how terrible TNT, A&E and now History HD are!)

OTA - probably not.

Yeah...um probably won't get HD via OTA. I'm actually down in Jamestown. And there's a stong contingent of BoSox fans down here, although still outnumbered by "those who don't know any better" and "those who want to be fashionably trendy" (aka Yankee Fans).

I just got my hopes up when D* got the locals going because I was under the impression that the reason we didn't have them was because they couldn't reach a deal with enough of the stations/networks. Once D* got them I figured E* would be right behind them - especially considering they were slated for a year ago.

I'm just way upset. It's absolutely clear that D* is the hands-down leader in SD and HD sports programming...and unfortunately for me sports is just about everything. :cool:

Guess all I can do is wait it out and switch (back) to E* when my time is up.

Oh...and hell yeah - Go Sabres!!!!

-Goober

Yeah...um probably won't get HD via OTA. I'm actually down in Jamestown. And there's a stong contingent of BoSox fans down here, although still outnumbered by "those who don't know any better" and "those who want to be fashionably trendy" (aka Yankee Fans).

I just got my hopes up when D* got the locals going because I was under the impression that the reason we didn't have them was because they couldn't reach a deal with enough of the stations/networks. Once D* got them I figured E* would be right behind them - especially considering they were slated for a year ago.

I'm just way upset. It's absolutely clear that D* is the hands-down leader in SD and HD sports programming...and unfortunately for me sports is just about everything. :cool:

Guess all I can do is wait it out and switch (back) to E* when my time is up.

Oh...and hell yeah - Go Sabres!!!!

-Goober

Sports is D* thing, always has been and probably always will be. If you're a sports fanatic D* is the service to have.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts