Dish Wally DUAL Tuner

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You can only change locals with the app if the 211 or Wally are the only receiver type on the account.

My Wally is the only receiver on my account. Before I got the Wally, I had a 211K. Those two receivers are the only ones I've ever had on my account.

NYDutch changes his locals using the app, and he has two Hoppers.

It depends on who you talk to, but I don't believe DISH employees actually know what it takes to be able to use the app. I've gotten several different opinions.

Reactions: charlesrshell
You can only change locals with the app if the 211 or Wally are the only receiver type on the account.

As said, I have two Hopper2's and a Joey on my outdoor account, no 211's or Wally's, and the app works fine for changing locals. The requirements for the app seem to be a constantly changing target.

Got the Wally activated, with EHD and Wifi adapter up and working. Wally only has one tuner. How come we cannot see the 2nd tuner? Cannot watch another channel with a channel that is recording. TV Activity shows only one tuner. Software version is 421.

Got the Wally activated, with EHD and Wifi adapter up and working. Wally only has one tuner. How come we cannot see the 2nd tuner? Cannot watch another channel with a channel that is recording. TV Activity shows only one tuner. Software version is 421.
Give your Wally a day or two to settle in, just like the Hopper.

Your software is outdated. Let it update until it reaches U448, then it will work properly.

OK, thanks. I thought of that so tried a software update tool and it downloaded the same U421. Will see what she does overnite. Thanks again.

You can go to "Settings", "Diagnostics" and manually update the software. Let it go completely through the process, may take 20 minutes or so. You may have to do it more than once or twice. I had to do manual update three times to get it to the latest U448.

Still only one tuner. Wally is on U448. When recording a channel and try to change channel I get the TV Activity screen. When I select the tuner I have to join or stop recording. Do not see the second tuner. Any ideas?

Still only one tuner. Wally is on U448. When recording a channel and try to change channel I get the TV Activity screen. When I select the tuner I have to join or stop recording. Do not see the second tuner. Any ideas?

Fellow SatGuys members with Wallys, do both tuners show up in the TV Activity screen? With the OTA dual adapter connected is there four tuners listed? If not, do the tuners show up with all four tuners recording at the same time?

Fellow SatGuys members with Wallys, do both tuners show up in the TV Activity screen? With the OTA dual adapter connected is there four tuners listed? If not, do the tuners show up with all four tuners recording at the same time?

Tell me where to find the "TV Activity screen" and I'll answer your question.

The second tuner is only available if you're using a DPP or Hybrid LNB. If you're connected to a legacy LNB then it's one tuner only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)