Dish Wally DUAL Tuner

Finally got a chance to install the OTA dual adapter in my Uncles Wally in his RV. Only can get one tuner. I removed it and tried again. Can still only get one OTA tuner. Tried to record two OTA channels at the same time and it would not do it. Any ideas why I am only getting one OTA tuner? This same OTA dual adapter worked fine connected to my Hopper 3.

As we've said before, that RoadTrip T4 dish on his RV roof has a single legacy LNB. And the Wally only recognizes the dual OTA tuners when its connected to an open face dish with a multi-satellite DPP or DPH LNB.
Even the the OTA dual adapter has one tuner too? How can that be when it is OTA and doesn't go thru the single legacy LNB.

I didn't say it required a Hybrid LNB I said it works with a Hybrid LNB.

To have both tuners available in a Wally you must use either a DishProPlus LNB or a Hybrid LNB.

I understand the Wally not getting two satellite tuners without DPP or Hybrid LNBs, but I would think you should still be able to get two OTA tuners with the Dual OTA adapter attached. I am going to send an email to DISH asking them to update the Wally's software so both OTA tuners work with the non DPP and Hybrid LNB dish antennas.

I understand the Wally not getting two satellite tuners without DPP or Hybrid LNBs, but I would think you should still be able to get two OTA tuners with the Dual OTA adapter attached. I am going to send an email to DISH asking them to update the Wally's software so both OTA tuners work with the non DPP and Hybrid LNB dish antennas.
Good luck with that. I doubt they will even consider spending the money for an extremely small population.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts