DISH WALLY HARD DRIVE ISSUE

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gunnerdoc

Original poster
Jul 21, 2018
I have been a DISH customer for 20 years...Since late February 2018, the newest Wally (purchased 11/17) will not recognize an external hard drive (dish issue # 582632). Dish has no expected repair date. After 5 months of waiting, and getting only lip service from DISH, I am very frustrated. Today, DISH offered to credit my account $5 a month for 6 months...whoopie! Is anyone else experiencing this Wally issue, and / or, has dish offered any resolution. I am waiting for a call back from Dishformyrv / dish outdoors as they sold me this unit.

As a dish customer for 20 years, owning every dvr they have made, experienced almost every issue imaginable, I know almost as much as a standard dish tech. The issue is not the hard drive, it works fine on my 211z and 211k, which are compatible with the wally . This is a known problem within DISH and unresolved for 5 months. Please do not post unless you have a direct experience with this wally issue, own a wally with an ext hard drive, and if it works, what hard drive and model of wally do you own? Thank you.

Dish outdoors is now sending me a free replacement wally, but they do not know if it will work with an ext hard drive??? I'll repost later next week.

Please do not post unless you have a direct experience with this wally issue, own a wally with an ext hard drive, and if it works, what hard drive and model of wally do you own?

Oh well please excuse me, I didn't realize you were so much more of an expert :rolleyes

As a matter of fact, I do have a Wally, and I do have a WD My Book Essential 2 TB EHD and it works fine.

But since my assistance isn't what you want, I'm out.

As a dish customer for 20 years, owning every dvr they have made, experienced almost every issue imaginable, I know almost as much as a standard dish tech. The issue is not the hard drive, it works fine on my 211z and 211k, which are compatible with the wally . This is a known problem within DISH and unresolved for 5 months. Please do not post unless you have a direct experience with this wally issue, own a wally with an ext hard drive, and if it works, what hard drive and model of wally do you own? Thank you.
Please note that most the people posting to assist are here since this sites creation, and have been installing, selling, working on or just strong power customers for just as long if not longer than yourself. Also keep in mind that the posters on this board are so trusted by Dish, that they asked Scott to select Beta Testers for their company as external components. Please do not come to the board and immediately insult the members when you do not get the answer you were hoping for, as only so much can be done from limited information provided, in addition to the fact that the posters here are posting on their own free time and help as good Samaritan’s. Disrespecting them will get you to nowhereville very very quickly. That is the one thing every member of this board will agree on at any given time. If you feel you know more about the issues and solutions, then it is not recommended to post for answers. That’s not how a community works.

Please note that most the people posting to assist are here since this sites creation, and have been installing, selling, working on or just strong power customers for just as long if not longer than yourself. Also keep in mind that the posters on this board are so trusted by Dish, that they asked Scott to select Beta Testers for their company as external components. Please do not come to the board and immediately insult the members when you do not get the answer you were hoping for, as only so much can be done from limited information provided, in addition to the fact that the posters here are posting on their own free time and help as good Samaritan’s. Disrespecting them will get you to nowhereville very very quickly. That is the one thing every member of this board will agree on at any given time. If you feel you know more about the issues and solutions, then it is not recommended to post for answers. That’s not how a community works.

72843628-A717-4A3A-B29F-21A824437133.gif

Still- we all know Dish is exceedingly slow in fixing issues since CUI. And not just CUI related issues.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
That is true but.... There are a ton of people out there that have Wallys with EHDs and they are not having issues. There is something very specific to the OP's setup that is the underlying cause...

Thank you...I didn't mean to come off that way...I'm thankful for your input and suggestions. I will try a different EHD with the new and current wally when I receive it.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts