Dish Wally

Other than the new UI I don't see any advantage to the Wally over the 211K or Z. I do see the disadvantages.

Reactions: Troch77
I prefer the K over the rest, mainly for the RV installs I do. I haven't checked the Wally specs yet but it appears to be a bit more compact which is good. Bluetooth is nice as well.

I prefer the K over the rest, mainly for the RV installs I do. I haven't checked the Wally specs yet but it appears to be a bit more compact which is good. Bluetooth is nice as well.

I think it still needs the USB adapter for Bluetooth. Do the K's and Z's do Bluetooth with the adapter?

I think it still needs the USB adapter for Bluetooth. Do the K's and Z's do Bluetooth with the adapter?

Good question. Don't recall that feature being reported on the K or Z. Maybe one of the other members has tried it and can answer that one.

So is the Wally for subscribers that don't want DVR capability? It sounds like you'll have to pick Hopper or Wally. I bet they communicate with each other to eliminate stacking.

I thought the 411/211/211k all have built-in OTA tuners, while the Z (and Wally?) requires the USB tuner.

Reactions: navychop
Good question. Don't recall that feature being reported on the K or Z. Maybe one of the other members has tried it and can answer that one.
I have an account with just a ViP211k, and the Joey Bluetooth Adapter is listed under "Order From Store" on my online account. I was wondering why a Joey accessory would be listed there.

I have an account with just a ViP211k, and the Joey Bluetooth Adapter is listed under "Order From Store" on my online account. I was wondering why a Joey accessory would be listed there.

I believe all customer online accounts list all available products whether they apply to their account or not.

Not exactly true. You won't see the OTA dongle for Hoppers unless you have a Hopper.

Interesting. Yet, looking at an account that has only a 222 on it, among the available products listed is an external hard drive and the Bluetooth adapter and headphones.

I don't think it matters what's on your account.
I have 2 Hoppers with sling, and yet I can buy Sling adapters from my account.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I just received my (three Wally's) the other day, around the first of May! The menu looks just like the Hopper 3 when I looked at my friends Hopper. I did have two, 211k and one 211z. I'm not sure about the LNB's, but the installer did not change it out. I am using the eastern satellites. They don;t have (Netflix) turned on yet, but menu says very soon coming! Since I purchased them, it did not renew my contract with dish. Over all, they are a (great improvement) over the 211k and 211z! I don't like paying the monthly $7.00 ea. for the other two, but I just love them so far!! The installer said that the WAlly will not work with the Hopper 3. The Wally is a stand alone unit like the 211k an 211z! Oh yes, I use my same OTA dongle and its works great for my locals!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)