Dish Wally

Keystone7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2009
North Indiana
Recently I purchased three Dish Wally's from DISH. I replaced my two vip 211k and one vip 211z. I really love the new Dish Wally's. Now for my point I would like to make! Before I purchased the Wally's from DISH, I wanted to make sure they were 4K ready! I was told they were 4k ready. So I bought three, so I would not extend my contract. When tech installed the Wally's, I ask him the same question about 4k, and they were ready!
I'll try to keep this short.
I was having an issue trying to get my settings on the Wally to 4k, cause the best was 1080P or 1080i. I called DISH and was told Wally is not 4k! After an hour on the phone, I have three Wally's that will not do 4k.
I did internet searches and web sites say the Wally is 4k supported! Even Amazon says Wally is 4k! Dish says NO!
I just wanted to let anybody know that the new DISH WALLY is NOT 4K!!!!!

I learned the hard way.

Yep, only H3 and 4K joey. I checked Amazon, they do say it support 4Ks programming, but that is wrong. Solid Signal or Dish Depot do not. Also, Solid Signal sells for half of what Dish does.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
Recently I purchased three Dish Wally's from DISH. I replaced my two vip 211k and one vip 211z. I really love the new Dish Wally's. Now for my point I would like to make! Before I purchased the Wally's from DISH, I wanted to make sure they were 4K ready! I was told they were 4k ready. So I bought three, so I would not extend my contract. When tech installed the Wally's, I ask him the same question about 4k, and they were ready!
I'll try to keep this short.
I was having an issue trying to get my settings on the Wally to 4k, cause the best was 1080P or 1080i. I called DISH and was told Wally is not 4k! After an hour on the phone, I have three Wally's that will not do 4k.
I did internet searches and web sites say the Wally is 4k supported! Even Amazon says Wally is 4k! Dish says NO!
I just wanted to let anybody know that the new DISH WALLY is NOT 4K!!!!!

I learned the hard way.
Have a link that shows the Wally is 4k?....Ive personally never read that.

The listing on Amazon does indicate "4K Support" whatever that means. I think someone listed it incorrectly on Amazon. I would contact a DIRT member here to help you sort out the problem.

Thanks for the input, talked to two reps and same answer. Guess out of luck. They did offer to upgrade me to the Hopper 3 and Joey 4k for regular price and take $100.00 off for five months. O course, would need to take the two years. Have to think about all this......

Thanks for the input, talked to two reps and same answer. Guess out of luck. They did offer to upgrade me to the Hopper 3 and Joey 4k for regular price and take $100.00 off for five months. O course, would need to take the two years. Have to think about all this......
Unless you think the next two years might "iffy" for your finances, I would jump on that offer!

Reactions: DWS44

If you are saying they will take back the Wallys, give you a Hopper 3 and a Joey 4K at regular price and then give you a $500 discount I would have to think about that for about as long as one blink of the eyes..... :)

Reactions: DWS44
If you are saying they will take back the Wallys, give you a Hopper 3 and a Joey 4K at regular price and then give you a $500 discount I would have to think about that for about as long as one blink of the eyes..... :)
Yeah, Not so sure I would blink again at that offer.
Considering if you spent more that $300 on your 3 Wallys you got ripped off.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts