DISH wants $700 for 942???!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bombarde32

Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
BEND OVER!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I just got off the phone with the call center. After I got an outrageous answer on my 942 inquiry I called back and got it again. .....$700 to buy a 942 is my only option. Nevermind that I drive their billboard, wear their clothes, install their service, attend their lame
meetings, etc........ I certainly don't expect anything for free. I was expecting to pay what every other customer has been paying. I did a 942 swap on an existing customer a couple of days ago and he only paid $250.

What has been everyone else's price tag? There's great deals on HDTVs but one hell of a premium for even watching it.

Ya they're not letting me do anything. I'll have to wait for the new boxes and see what ridiculous price they offer then. I sure hope they'll be black! :yes

942 lease

Well i had the 942 lease since oct, and dish has been out 4 times and they cant figure how to intall it.They are comming this sunday and if they cant its going back, and ill stay with the 811.I have been with dish for 10 yrs now yet i im a little upset with dish they are starting to give service like a cable co. harvey

They can't figure out how to install it? WHY? What hack is comming out that can't figure that out?

What do you have in your system now? Is the 942 going in a location that has never had a receiver before? Is the house finished in a way that cables can't be run? What is the hold up, this makes no sense?

Bombarde32 said:
BEND OVER!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I just got off the phone with the call center. After I got an outrageous answer on my 942 inquiry I called back and got it again. .....$700 to buy a 942 is my only option. Nevermind that I drive their billboard, wear their clothes, install their service, attend their lame
meetings, etc........ I certainly don't expect anything for free. I was expecting to pay what every other customer has been paying. I did a 942 swap on an existing customer a couple of days ago and he only paid $250.

What has been everyone else's price tag? There's great deals on HDTVs but one hell of a premium for even watching it.

If you are a Dish installer you should already know the price, I would think!!

IMO LOL

Even $250 for a lease seems high to me, especially since your going to have to give the box back when (or if) mpeg 4 becomes available.

Well, it depends upon how you look at it. If one pays $250 for a lease and then keeps it for two years, their cost will be $370.

In that two years, how much will the value of their HDTV set depreciate? For large sets, it will likely be $1000 - $1500. In those two years, how will you pay for E* programming? For many of us, it will be $1500 to $2500.

That $370 will add tremendously to the overall enjoyment one is getting from a system that is costing them many times that amount. Thus for someone who is dropping a lot of change on their system, the cost of the 942 is relatively minor.

I'm an field tech dude and I do it very well thanks. Pricing isn't my department. Hell it isn't even engineering's department. They even tell you that on the tech chats so quit being a dick. I'm not in retail!!

Bombarde32 said:
I'm an field tech dude and I do it very well thanks. Pricing isn't my department. Hell it isn't even engineering's department. They even tell you that on the tech chats so quit being a dick. I'm not in retail!!

Actually you are.. Have you ever seen the World class coustomer experiance video's.. If not your a sub contractor... IF you are DNSC let me know who your trainner is so I can get him fired for not doing his job! Its the installers Priority to make sure the coustomer knows what there getting, How the install is done, and introduce them to the system so they know how to operate it and get the most out of it! Your selling them the system that they bought/leased... If they want to know how much its gonna cost them to add a room or add services what are you going to tell them? Call coustomer service? If my installer told me that I would Kick him out of my house. For me the 942 is worth every penny.. ( I have had it sence the first week they were out!) And is far superior to the 921... Try calling the exec offices or email them at ceo@echostar.com

Bombarde32 said:

knowing the pricing is part of your job, your employed to not only install the system but to know details about it but also the equipment, and the programing. So what if your a field tech, big deal, I've got 5 years into working in the field installing 3 - 6 systems a day, I still make sure to know what changes are coming about so that I can answer them to the best of my ability or direct the customer to the source they need to ask. Oh and theres no need to call me a dick, but then again you have shown that you also don't keep up on being civil towards others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)