Lease a 942 ? Existing Sub

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
If you could talk dish into leasing you a 942 as an current sub for 249.00 do you think that's the best deal you will see for a while ??

davemanfl said:
If you could talk dish into leasing you a 942 as an current sub for 249.00 do you think that's the best deal you will see for a while ??

I think so, thats what i did. They will come out and install it as part of the $249

chastulsa said:
I think so, thats what i did. They will come out and install it as part of the $249
Are you an old customer or a new one?

I thought the lease deal is not available for current customers.

-Mark

I'm an existing cutomer and got the lease deal today. It took about 15 minutes of negotiating. They are mailing me the receiver and installing on Memorial day.
It may have helped that I have been with them for nine years, never missed a payment, and spend $120+ a month.

superd said:
I'm an existing cutomer and got the lease deal today. It took about 15 minutes of negotiating. They are mailing me the receiver and installing on Memorial day.
It may have helped that I have been with them for nine years, never missed a payment, and spend $120+ a month.
Did you have to threaten to leave?

No, I did not threaten to leave. I did tell them that I thought it was ridiculus to be able to lease my 811 from them, but have to deal with with an unknown retailer in order to get the 942.

I was a dish sub years ago, and they let me lease a 942 as a returning sub. Now here's the kicker. I was a current SBC dish sub. I guess Dish Network doesn't know who's a SBC Dish Network sub. When I called SBC to cancel I was on the phone for 40 min. getting bounced back and forth trying to find the right person / department. Any how, I had to pay, Dish Network, for the second dish, but the installer did a top notch job. And the HD looks real good.

superd said:

Same here took me less the 2 minutes though :)

Still not sure i did the right thing though. $249.00 To lease there equip. Have nothing to show in the end. Seems like alot of $$$$

Hmmm... this is interesting news.

Somebody is making a call tomorrow, very early in the morning.

Did you talk to a US based CSR or one from India???

I'm having a bit of trouble believing this... :confused:.

I've called in 3 different times today and in every occasion I've been told that the 942 ISN'T available for lease to existing customer. I've even talked to 2 supervisors and both have told me the exact same thing.

How are you guys managing to get this?

davemanfl,

Why did you reply to my previous post with the email address from E*'s CEO?

I'm having a bit of trouble believing this... :confused:.

I've called in 3 different times today and in every occasion I've been told that the 942 ISN'T available for lease to existing customer. I've even talked to 2 supervisors and both have told me the exact same thing.

How are you guys managing to get this?

davemanfl,

Why did you reply to my previous post with the email address from E*'s CEO?

Yes!

They extended the deal to me the other day! I have been an E* subscriber since the early days of the DishPlayer 7100 and presently have America's Everything Package, locals, HD Package + VOOM. I wrote a nice email to CEO@echostar.com early in the morning with the above info, account #, telephone number, etc. and requested the 942 lease deal. A very nice young lady called me around 5 PM on the same day and extended the offer. I immediately accepted!! I have a lengthy, detailed post on this at dbstalk.com in a 942 poll thread. Remember, the MPEG-2 units will be obsolete before too much longer, so I think the $250 deal is better than $700.

da Doug

datwell said:
They extended the deal to me the other day! I have been an E* subscriber since the early days of the DishPlayer 7100 and presently have America's Everything Package, locals, HD Package + VOOM. I wrote a nice email to CEO@echostar.com early in the morning with the above info, account #, telephone number, etc. and requested the 942 lease deal. A very nice young lady called me around 5 PM on the same day and extended the offer. I immediately accepted!! I have a lengthy, detailed post on this at dbstalk.com in a 942 poll thread. Remember, the MPEG-2 units will be obsolete before too much longer, so I think the $250 deal is better than $700.

da Doug

Thanks for the info, Doug. I'll have to try that.

Yes, I got the deal as well about 12 days ago. :yes Started by E-mailing ceo@dishnetwork.com also. ;) Existing customer for 3-4 years. Already received the unit and have it installed and up and running. Love the 942!!! Seems to be a lot more stable than the 921 and love the NBR!!!

There is also a topic and poll on this very same thing, started by me, over at DBStalk.com in the 942 support forum where you can see just how many people have or have not been able to get the $250 lease deal done as an existing customer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)