Dish wants receiver returned that I don't have!

tekman

Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
Eastern North Carolina
I cancelled Dish Network on July 18. The CSR that i talked with said that I would need to return a 722k and a 211 plus the LNB. OK I was aware of that. Yesterday I received an email from dish stating that boxes would be sent to return a 722k, 211, and a 722. Well now, I had the referenced 722 replaced in mid-May with the 722k. That 722k was replaced in late June with another 722k.

Yesterday after receiving the email asking for a receiver that I no longer have I called Dish again. The CSR told me that returned receiver could show on a users account for a long time and that I had not been paying for a third receiver on my account. She said that i could ignore the request for the 722 and that I would not be charged for it.

This morning I received three emails, one for each of the receivers that Dish thinks that I have, stating that boxes were on their way and that I should return the equipment within 10 days. I was told by the original CSR the I would receive one box that would be large emough for the 2 receivers and the LNB.

I would like to know if the last CSR's information is correct or should I be concerned. If she is not correct what are my options to correct this mess. BTW, the tech that swapped out the 722 for a 722k changed to Directv shortly after the swap was made.

Thanks for any insight anyone may have.

I would follow up via CHAT with dish ... not a phone call ... and copy the text of your chat to an email to yourself.

If the chat, at the end of it, offers to email you a copy of the transcript by all means say YES and have *IT* send a copy of the chat to you. Thus you'll have proof of your explanation and theirs.

And if they try to charge you for it .. you can also contact your bank with that email as proof .. (of course the email has to be the same information as your phone call, etc)

unless you record your phone conversations, the only proof you have is your word, and dish doesn't believe in "your word".

I did as you suggested . I Chatted with the "Executive Resolution Team". She verified that the errant receiver would be removed from my account and I would not be charged for it. She provided her phone number and extension in case I had any additional problems with the return of the equipment. Thanks for the suggestion.

Blockbuster to operate more than 1,500 Stores

VIP722 freezes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)