DISH Wants to get rid of me, why?

Well, I should restate that then. There is always a reason for a disconnect, there is always a note on the account showing how it was disconnected. It could of be an auto disconnect, sometimes the system will disconnect an account. If you call in they would be able to tell you what happened. I've never seen an account disconnected without any notation at all on the account. But after several years there is a first time for everything. By all means e-mail as well, but the point is to have more than one line of communication open. Sometimes e-mails are not responded to.

In the netherworld of automation and ether of programming code, just about ANYTHING is possible even times, however few, that the system will disconnect and without a notation. Gotta be around large systems long enough to see things happen that even the programmers can't explain. And Dish has its share of software gnomes.

Well, I should restate that then. There is always a reason for a disconnect, there is always a note on the account showing how it was disconnected. ....If you call in they would be able to tell you what happened. I've never seen an account disconnected without any notation at all on the account.

On a roll... I've disco'd accounts without leaving notes (and the definition of "reason" depends on who disconnects the account.) I've then read resulting notes from CSRs confused as hell at why the account was turned off, but since it was turned off refused to do anything about it (good move on their part, but it proves the point.) CSRs leave notes... Assuming everyone else does is not advisable. It's entirely possible this customer's account was being worked on or altered for maintnance reasons and someone forgot to cleanup their work order.

Before making absolute statements as to what can and can't be done, be sure about your facts.

On a roll... I've disco'd accounts without leaving notes (and the definition of "reason" depends on who disconnects the account.) I've then read resulting notes from CSRs confused as hell at why the account was turned off, but since it was turned off refused to do anything about it (good move on their part, but it proves the point.) CSRs leave notes... Assuming everyone else does is not advisable. It's entirely possible this customer's account was being worked on or altered for maintnance reasons and someone forgot to cleanup their work order.

Before making absolute statements as to what can and can't be done, be sure about your facts.

Of course it's possible that it could of been altered for maintnance or what have you, not saying that it's not. My only point was to call in and send an e-mail. Again, after serveral years, there is a first time for everything, my point is not if someone left a note or not. It's simply because calling in can shine some light on why it was disconnected, as well as e-mail. Yeah, so my point is call and e-mail, cause Dish is not trying to get rid of customers.

give me the r00 number of one of your recievers. i will find out what the hell happened, and even get you turned back on with restart fees waived if you wish.

I've disco'd accounts without leaving notes .
Bad CSR
Of course it's possible that it could of been altered for maintnance or what have you, not saying that it's not. My only point was to call in and send an e-mail. Again, after serveral years, there is a first time for everything, my point is not if someone left a note or not. It's simply because calling in can shine some light on why it was disconnected, as well as e-mail. Yeah, so my point is call and e-mail, cause Dish is not trying to get rid of customers.
Run of the mill CSR

give me the r00 number of one of your recievers. i will find out what the hell happened, and even get you turned back on with restart fees waived if you wish.
Great CSR that everyone should expect to get when they call in.

Bad CSR
Run of the mill CSR

Great CSR that everyone should expect to get when they call in.

1. I'm not a CSR.

2. I have much more job security than he does waiving fees and stating he will do as much over public forums...

3. If I shut him off, he won't be restarting anything...

Sup Jim. We still on for lunch next week?

I'll check my schedule, I think I'm free after golf Wednesday morning. Speaking of golf, wanna make our two-some a foursome? Grab Linda (woof woof!) and meet us at Sanctuary for a 9:50 tee off.

I'll check my schedule, I think I'm free after golf Wednesday morning. Speaking of golf, wanna make our two-some a foursome? Grab Linda (woof woof!) and meet us at Sanctuary for a 9:50 tee off.

I'll see what I can do. I think she's butch'in out her hair again. I've got her running more face-time on the 722 software updates since we don't have any new clones of the iphone coming out soon. She's kind of hurtin for quality topics to talk about. Bring your best clubs!

I m handling the situation by emailing DISH, I am sure they will get back to me, I posted it becuase I though others would find this interesting, it is an obvious mistake and a pretty serious one, especially if my next bill includes a $1000 charge on it, besides I have always found DISH customer service to be poor, if my experience I posted helps someone else or helps DISH correct whatever went wrong so this does not happen to another customer than my posting is worthwhile, if you feel differently well sorry, are we supposed to all smile and say DISH ever makes a mistake, and if they do are we not allowed to discuss it?
If I were Dish, I'd fire you.

Ok well DISH called me from the corporate office after getting my email, this is what happened, 4 months ago or so I was having the blue screen crash on both my boxes someone through dbstalk.com contacted me and referred me to a DISH software engineer, who asked me via email = if I would mind swapping my two receivers so he could get them and test them, so I agreed. last month one of those replacements had failed on me, and I called tech support and they sent me a replacement, so it turns out DISH disabled all three on my account, but never marked them as received I still had the emails from the DISH software engineer and gave her that information, and I had the tracking number from the last one that went bad, which showed it was signed for and received by DISH, so she marked all 3 as received took them out of the computer and solved the problem.

One thing to note, was that there were no account notes about the first two receivers which is probably what led to this problem someone reviewed the account and said these 2 receivers disappeared and there is no account notes of any type of exchange. At first the corporate office said it was my fault for contacting an employee to set up the exchange and not going through the regular channels and my answer was you contacted me not the other way around and I produced the emails, and than that is what resolved everything.

David

So we've established that:

- Engineers don't know how to do accounting properly.

And we already know from previous threads that:

- Accountants don't know how to do engineering properly.

Should change SatelliteGuys.Us to SatelliteGuys.Edu. ;)

Ok well DISH called me from the corporate office after getting my email, this is what happened, 4 months ago or so I was having the blue screen crash on both my boxes someone through dbstalk.com contacted me and referred me to a DISH software engineer, who asked me via email = if I would mind swapping my two receivers so he could get them and test them, so I agreed. last month one of those replacements had failed on me, and I called tech support and they sent me a replacement, so it turns out DISH disabled all three on my account, but never marked them as received I still had the emails from the DISH software engineer and gave her that information, and I had the tracking number from the last one that went bad, which showed it was signed for and received by DISH, so she marked all 3 as received took them out of the computer and solved the problem.

One thing to note, was that there were no account notes about the first two receivers which is probably what led to this problem someone reviewed the account and said these 2 receivers disappeared and there is no account notes of any type of exchange. At first the corporate office said it was my fault for contacting an employee to set up the exchange and not going through the regular channels and my answer was you contacted me not the other way around and I produced the emails, and than that is what resolved everything.

David

Sounds almost exactly like what happened to me a while back. I've sent them several receivers this year as they're trying to fix a problem subs in the Sacramento area are experiencing with one station. Luckily I had the UPS tracking number. They forgot to log it in as received.

S~

hey, i been to the office several times since this thread started. if you would have just given me your roo i would have ahd you already started and taken care of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)