Dish Weight

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ACD

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
I have a chance to pickup a free C band dish. I havent seen it yet, but from what I am told it is a 10' mesh dish. What is an approximate weight of it? Transporting it will not be an issue. I have an F350 Dually that can easily carry this thing. Getting it off the pole and into the truck is the trick :) If it is heavy, I may need to borrow a trailer and take my tractor with.

if its mesh it should be able to be broken into pieces....you shouldnt have no issue

I hauled a 10' mesh dish in my ranger

Well, keeping my fingers crossed that it is a mesh dish. Hopefully the LNB and other parts will be in good shape, I dont know how long it sat unused.

Iceberg said:
they're pretty light. I can carry 2 of the pieces with no issue :)

Iceberg, you've got to admit we're not all "built" quite like you :D

I helped a buddy remove one from his yard a couple years ago and we took it apart to move it. I think there were about 200-300 rusted nuts and bolts to contend with. Took us from 7AM-5PM just to get it loaded in the truck, then again I vaguely remember a few beers as well!

PS. I'm only carrying one piece at a time :)

Hmm I am envisioning a sawzall and a box of nuts and bolts.

The polar mount will weigh more than the dish itself. And the dish should come apart in quarters, and yes there will be lots of nuts, bolts and washers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)