Dish whole home music app now on the hopper 3 dvr

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
good evening just to let you know that dish has added the dish whole home music app on the hopper 3 dvr.the following music services you can use with your phone or your PC.Iheart radio,amazon music,dweezer,juke,kkbox,media server,music,napster,pandora,QQmusic,siriusxm,Songza and Tidal and no tunein which stinks.
go to your settings if you have the new software release that came today U375 scroll to the bottom left hand corner you will see the icon dish music click on that it will explain to you how to do dish music on your mobile phones and your windows pc.

thanks

Allen bluegras

where can you find the dish music app or is it the play-fi app?
It's the Play-Fi app and it's hard to find. (I'm guessing it's a "soft opening" for the app) and once it "gets good", they'll play it up more.

You'd think it'd be under Apps, but no....here's how to get to it: Menu/Settings/Bottom of page "Dish Music" icon. Tells you to go get app at iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon App store and to look for "Dish Music" app, but there IS NO Dish Music App!. I downloaded the DTS Play-Fi onto my android phone and the same from the Amazon App Store onto my Amazon Fire tablet. Finally got the one on my Fire tablet to open.

It has several music services in it's line up. Amazon, Pandora, iheartradio and quite a few more. I'm only interested in the Amazon services since I subscribe to both their Prime and Unlimited Music service. Ran it's search and it only came back with "Family" and "Bedroom" found. (Those are the names of my Hopper and Joey respectively) so no Amazon Echo or Dots as of yet. (Darn!) If you already have a Play-Fi compatible speaker, etc., I am sure they will show up.

Anyway, early stages very limited. When I clicked "Family" (Hopper) as the speaker and selected the Amazon icon, it went to their Prime Music section. There is no search bar or a "My Music" section (where I have my 6000+ songs at Amazon Music Unlimited) but let's you play their pre-selected "Playlist" or "Radio" section. Those are pretty good, but you take what they give (kinda like a Pandora "Station"). They did have a "selected for you" section which had albums and playlists and when I opened up an "album" it DID open the album and allowed me to select individual songs.

One thing interesting...one of the "Music Services" icon is a Red Box with a Music symbol inside and when I clicked on that, it showed albums that I have bought and stored at Amazon (not all of them...I'm thinking it's only the ones I uploaded back when I still had a Windows machine and used the Amazon music upload app. I now use a Chromebox (a desktop "Chromebook" with more horsepower) so I'm not sure where those albums and songs came from. They SURE weren't DLNA. Anyway, they are very well organized and the shuffle play seems excellent.

I hope this is only a first step. Amazon Echo (Alexa) is scheduled to get DTS Play-Fi as a way to play music through all their devices in the home and, as we all know, the Hopper is scheduled to get Alexa as well.

So my ultimate hope is that someday is that I can call up my personal Amazon music and select it to play through my Hopper/Joey and all my Echos at the sametime.

At least before I die.

My Wally has the app. It says to download the companion app on my iPhone, but I can't find a Dish Music app in the App Store

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I'm still running U345 and DTS Play Fi is working fine on my Hopper3, WiFi Joey and Joey2. I just downloaded the software onto my Android phone and it discovered all my devices, ssetup how I wanted my devices to work,setup a music source and pressed play. Everything worked fine. I have no setting or app for it on any devices. it just worked.

I'm still running U345 and DTS Play Fi is working fine on my Hopper3, WiFi Joey and Joey2. I just downloaded the software onto my Android phone and it discovered all my devices, setup how I wanted my devices to work,setup a music source and pressed play. Everything worked fine. I have no setting or app for it on any devices. it just worked.

UPDATE: I received U347 last night and everything still seems to be working great.

i talked to play-fi about adding tunein this is what they told me

Hey Allen,

We can talk with Tunein to see if we can come to a good arrangement for integration. We’d always like to have as many streaming options as possible within our application.

Best,

Play-Fi Support

i talked to play-fi about adding tunein this is what they told me

Hey Allen,

We can talk with Tunein to see if we can come to a good arrangement for integration. We’d always like to have as many streaming options as possible within our application.

Best,

Play-Fi Support
Not any different than talking to Dish about adding a channel. "we'll be glad to pass that along......"

I find it on my Wally, but when I click on it it just tells me about what it is with the info on how I'm supposed to use it with the apps on my phone. Can anyone tell me how this is supposed to work? I'm blind, so I'm using the text to speech option in the receiver, and the voiceover screen reader on my iPhone 6 Plus and iPad for. Thanks for any help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)