Dish won't even answer their phones now / pissed football fans?

That's because people are dumb enough to think getting a hold of CSR's will get Fox back, so they're calling en masse.....

I didn't call them to get it back...I wanted compensation of some sorts for it being gone was all.
I got two free months of Showtime which ehh I'll take it..they first tried to offer me only $5 I told em I couldn't buy a pair of rabbit ears for that to pick up a OTA station and said you gonna have to do better than that FOR NOW....I said I'd be calling back in two weeks and we would discuss things again.

Reactions: HipKat
That's because people are dumb enough to think getting a hold of CSR's will get Fox back, so they're calling en masse.....

People aren't calling to get it back. They are calling for free stuff. ;) I'm one of them. Although, I didn't call...I chatted. All they offered was a one time credit of $5. I asked about Showtime. They said they could give me Showtime for $5 / month for 6 months. I said I already have that deal (I get that every time I cancel). I asked about Showtime for free and they said I'd have to call in that chat didn't have the authorization to do that. I didn't believe them and quit out of chat. I'll try calling when I actually have time.

DISH owes us compensation for all of the channels being taken down. Yes, DISH does. DISH is making money off everyone of these take downs. Customers paying full rates and DISH not paying the channel provider. That's wrong.

Hello there, bjf.

We do have a higher than normal volume of customers contacting us at this time. Takedowns are always frustrating and we are working to speak with everyone that contacts us in a timely manner as they come in. With this negotiation, as well as any that impact our customers, we do have the DISHpromise.com page that we update as new information becomes available, as well as to provide feedback. The voice of the customer is so important for us to become the best in the industry and how we can improve for you.

We absolutely understand the inconveniences our sports fans are experiencing at this time. We do want to make sure that we are able to provide these channels at a fair rate for the programming. - Jason I.

Reactions: edisonprime
DISH owes us compensation for all of the channels being taken down. Yes, DISH does. DISH is making money off everyone of these take downs. Customers paying full rates and DISH not paying the channel provider. That's wrong.
While I agree with you in theory, how much compensation do they owe you? Let's ignore the line in the contract you agreed to that they can change lineup at any time. How much are you paying per day for the stations that are blacked out?

We at DISH know that it is very frustrating to go without your favorite TV. While we continue to negotiate to bring these channels back for you, we will be happy to review your account to see what options we have available to help during this time. We’re not able to access accounts through Satellite Guys at this time, but you can reach out to our Chat teams by clicking this link: Request Rejected. We have agents ready to assist. -Jasmine D.

Yeah, that's the question. New reports put RSN costs at about $4 per sub. FS1 somewhere around $1, etc.

Why should DISH get to make a profit during these skirmishes?

While I agree with you in theory, how much compensation do they owe you? Let's ignore the line in the contract you agreed to that they can change lineup at any time. How much are you paying per day for the stations that are blacked out?

I am way out of contract. At end of month my internet term comes up with Comcast. They've always offered me sweetheart deals for 2 years to come back to cable. Been with DISH for 15 years now. Way out of contract.

I only watch about 9 channels, so if I can't get those channels at all at DISH, it does not really help me one bit, does it?

DISH has a choice and I do too. End of month will see something happen as my internet costs change....so at that point we'll see. I believe DISH better find some resolution, or at least credit us back for the lost channels....it's just patently wrong to make even more money off of this, and you know it.

End of week has MLB playoffs on FS1. That's going to be the moment of truth. Already missing lots of college football. Basketball soon to be in the mix. Local RSN games in the mix soon too. I don't do hockey.

We at DISH know that it is very frustrating to go without your favorite TV. While we continue to negotiate to bring these channels back for you, we will be happy to review your account to see what options we have available to help during this time. We’re not able to access accounts through Satellite Guys at this time, but you can reach out to our Chat teams by clicking this link: Request Rejected. We have agents ready to assist. -Jasmine D.

Yeah, that's the question. New reports put RSN costs at about $4 per sub. FS1 somewhere around $1, etc.

Because, if the contract does get renewed, then there will most likely be a "true-up" where Dish would pay for the channels for the time missed at the higher contracted rates. They wouldn't make any extra money then, just the opposite.

If the channels are gone permanently, then would be the time for customer price adjustments (or no price increase next year)

Because, if the contract does get renewed, then there will most likely be a "true-up" where Dish would pay for the channels for the time missed at the higher contracted rates. They wouldn't make any extra money then, just the opposite.

Why would they pay a true-up for time missed, if the channels aren't been delivered during the time missed? Seems like that would only be the case if they had agreed to continue providing the channels during the dispute/negotiations.

Yeah, there's that. A one time $5 credit for each month that the channels are gone sounds reasonable then.

Don't forget that, assuming the negotiations are eventually successful, Dish will probably have to pay FOX retroactively for whatever rate is agreed to - what you are paying now would go to FOX not Dish. According to Dish, that was one of the offers they made to FOX to continue carriage during negotiations.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Don't forget that, assuming the negotiations are eventually successful, Dish will probably have to pay FOX retroactively for whatever rate is agreed to - what you are paying now would go to FOX not Dish.
As DWS44 points out, there won't (shouldn't) be a "true up" or retroactive pay if the channels aren't carried.

I texted and got a good csr. she said are u texting bout fox dispute ... aaa hun. ..I will give u $5 off your next month bill plus two months of Showtime free..... thank you for your help.... bye

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
Bottom line is if people lea e Dish or any other provider because of a dispute and then signs up online to stream the channels then the TV network wins, and will keep demanding higher carriage fees.But if people don't do that and go without viewing the TV network, Then they'll have less viewership and lose advertising revenue. Well with the exception of HBO, Anyhow it's basically the cycle of life, Pro Sports players demand more money, Sports leagues then demand more money, then they charge more for broadcasting rights, also because there's more ways to get their broadcasts out, so there's more bidding to get the rights, then the channels have to charge more for their carriage fees, as they can't raise advertising rates because there's more competition and more methods for advertisers to get their message out. So basically its we the people who end up paying more. But if we make the sacrifice and stop viewing, we can control this viscous cycle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

I don't necessarily agree with who wins and who loses. Everyone jumping to streaming, unless you buy your service directly from the network, this all will eventually happen over there. The network will want more profit and the streaming provider won't be willing to pay it. So, let the people buy the network directly from the network. When all their subscribers decide that the network isn't worth it, and leave, then there won't be a network anymore. They'll join DuMont and to some degree The WB and UPN as relics of a long forgotten time. I get the latter two live on as the joint CW, but that was because the two weren't sustainable as their own networks.

Its the best way to truly test how valuable their network really is. Are people willing to pay for it on it's own? I don't think most RSNs are, the big four networks are, nor is HBO without it's original programming.

Reactions: dare2be
Bottom line is if people lea e Dish or any other provider because of a dispute and then signs up online to stream the channels then the TV network wins, and will keep demanding higher carriage fees.But if people don't do that and go without viewing the TV network, Then they'll have less viewership and lose advertising revenue. Well with the exception of HBO, Anyhow it's basically the cycle of life, Pro Sports players demand more money, Sports leagues then demand more money, then they charge more for broadcasting rights, also because there's more ways to get their broadcasts out, so there's more bidding to get the rights, then the channels have to charge more for their carriage fees, as they can't raise advertising rates because there's more competition and more methods for advertisers to get their message out. So basically its we the people who end up paying more. But if we make the sacrifice and stop viewing, we can control this viscous cycle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

I hear your point, and won't argue it isn't valid. But honestly, when my wife and I get home from work and we want to watch our favorite TV shows, and we can't, we just aren't interested in "making a stand" or sacrificing watching the TV we want to watch for some amorphous hope that it will make things better in the long run. We just want to turn on the TV and watch TV. If we didn't get a lot of enjoyment out of watching our favorite shows together, we wouldn't be paying Dish $120 a month. And honestly, we don't give a damn whose fault it is or which of the billionaires is proving how big their stick is. If we can't turn on the TV and watch the network show we follow or the sports game of the team we follow, we will simply change something to be able to watch the TV we want.

That is how 99.9% of viewers feel.

Reactions: longisland94

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts