Dish won't even answer their phones now / pissed football fans?

Initial prices are one thing. Dish has a 2 yr price lock, DTV's is 1 year, I believe. The DTV customers I deal with almost always say that DTV raises the bill about every 33 months after that

They have to do a 2 year price lock. They got nothing else to offer.

Comcast offers a 2 year price for Tv and internet. Spectrum offers a 1 or 2 year price lock with no agreement

Direct offers a 1 year price lock on a 2 year agreement.

But it’s the same thing. They all jump ship after the honey moon pricing is over.

Dish just has no other value to offer the customer besides Tv

Reactions: robstudio
You don’t have to take a phone with Comcast to get the best deal. Drop the phone and you’ll save $10.

But then again Comcast has the channels your currently missing and has fast reliable internet.

But I’m sure you like Dish so much, you must have Hughesnet as your internet provider.

Admit it, Dish is going down buddy!
Not back then. The Triple Play WAS the best deal. Drop the phone and you paid more.

No, Claude, I don't live in the sticks. I have Fiber Optic 1GB/s. Comcast only has 150MB/s

They know calling won’t get it back. They are looking for a discount on their bill, which Dish should automatically be issuing a credit but they won’t.
and you know what, they will! Years back when ABC did the same thing with their owned and operated stations DISH automatically deducted 25% of what you were paying for local channels. I see no reason why they won't do the same this time if it lasts a month.

and you know what, they will! Years back when ABC did the same thing with their owned and operated stations DISH automatically deducted 25% of what you were paying for local channels. I see no reason why they won't do the same this time if it lasts a month.
Bobby, there's no point in participating in this. You've got a Dish tech going back and forth with a disgruntled ex-Dish retailer. Nothing good will come of it. :)

I just logged onto my Spectrum account to see what adding TV would cost me. To get same channels I have now and DVR service on every TV like I have now it would be $128.97 before taxes and fees. And that doesn't include the $65.99 I currently pay for internet service. That is crazy, I will keep my $85 dollar Dish service. I don't need FS1 till Nascar comes back to that channel in February.

Bobby, there's no point in participating in this. You've got a Dish tech going back and forth with a disgruntled ex-Dish retailer. Nothing good will come of it. :)
Yeah, but I'm proving that the DISH hater has blinders on and will say anything to make his BS point! :)

Reactions: joewhite57
Initial prices are one thing. Dish has a 2 yr price lock, DTV's is 1 year, I believe. The DTV customers I deal with almost always say that DTV raises the bill about every 33 months after that
But no one will say how much DTVs packages are after the first year. And honestly, raising the bill every 33 months vs every 12 that Dish (usually) does? Doesn't sound bad to me (of course it depends on the amount of the raise).

But no one will say how much DTVs packages are after the first year. And honestly, raising the bill every 33 months vs every 12 that Dish (usually) does? Doesn't sound bad to me (of course it depends on the amount of the raise).

I think he meant to say the bill goes up every 3 months.

Reactions: TheKrell
I just logged onto my Spectrum account to see what adding TV would cost me. To get same channels I have now and DVR service on every TV like I have now it would be $128.97 before taxes and fees. And that doesn't include the $65.99 I currently pay for internet service. That is crazy, I will keep my $85 dollar Dish service. I don't need FS1 till Nascar comes back to that channel in February.

Actually if your adding video to an Internet only account, you can get new customer pricing.

We do this every day for disgruntled dish customers switching over.

So $89.99 or $99 for the bundle with Tv/internet. $7.50 for each tv box and $4.50 for each DVR. add roughly $22 for taxes and that’s it. No contract and they will even buy out your dish contract.

Nothing goes up every 3 months. Your likely considering the free movie channels that expire after 3 months that you start paying for unless cancelled.

A matter of fact, no provider I know of including Dish goes up every 3 months.

It’s all a matter of promotions expiring and nobody wants to pay regular pricing fir anything

But no one will say how much DTVs packages are after the first year.

It does show the increase on their website and it is a lot.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Typically, when I ask people how much they pay "now", it's well north of, or at least close close to $200.00 a year. And almost every case, when I go over their channel package, they're getting more from Dish - plus the better equipment

I think he meant to say the bill goes up every 3 months.
Yeah, I didn't notice the typo. Thanks!

Reactions: dennispap
Actually Comcast has a Gig also.

If you have 1 Gig Fiber you likely have AT&T :)

That’s like me actually getting a 5G phone through Dish.
I don't know who's lines they were, or who originally laid them. I just know who the provider is, a local company, but I wouldn't think they put the lines in - although t hey are the ones who run fiber into new areas they expand into, so who knows...

Nothing goes up every 3 months. Your likely considering the free movie channels that expire after 3 months that you start paying for unless cancelled.

A matter of fact, no provider I know of including Dish goes up every 3 months.

It’s all a matter of promotions expiring and nobody wants to pay regular pricing fir anything

No, not one time after the promotions end, steady increases. Maybe 3 months is being facetious, but steady increases, several times per year and I experienced it with Comcast, directly as I did when I had DTV back around 2009/2010

Btw.... DTV Channel disputes....

Sinclair stations set to go dark on 9/27

price hike and no relief for a customer fo almost 10 years

Disney, AT&T in Carriage Dispute Impacting ABC, ESPN

Last edited:
IMG_4072.JPG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)