Dish won't even answer their phones now / pissed football fans?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bjf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
Tried several times the past few hours to call and speak with Dish about the now gone
Fox Sports 1 channel and the rest of the Fox channels pulled off dish.

All I get it a message to push 6 for automated and it repeats and then cuts you off.

Earlier I got further but the hold time was 59 minutes.

I'm guessing a whole lot of pissed off football fans are the reason.

No Big 10 channel. No FS1 & 2 and even the Latino market was hit with Fox Sport Deportes gone.
So no soccer, baseball and maybe football that was on that channel.

I'm really disgusted with Dish.
We've also lost of the Fox Sports Nets.

And as I posted the 4k channel now deleted the college game for tomorrow.

Is there really any point in staying with this company.
Soon all they will offer will be infomercial channels.

Quickly becoming the worst tv provider in the United States.

bjf

Reactions: yomama and LQQK
Tried several times the past few hours to call and speak with Dish about the now gone

All I get it a message to push 6 for automated and it repeats and then cuts you off.

No Big 10 channel. No FS1 & 2 and even the Latino market was hit with Fox Sport Deportes gone.

bjf
This post is rife with ignorance. You really should do a little research before you start flapping your gums about something you obviously don't really know anything about

Hello there, bjf.

We do have a higher than normal volume of customers contacting us at this time. Takedowns are always frustrating and we are working to speak with everyone that contacts us in a timely manner as they come in. With this negotiation, as well as any that impact our customers, we do have the DISHpromise.com page that we update as new information becomes available, as well as to provide feedback. The voice of the customer is so important for us to become the best in the industry and how we can improve for you.

We absolutely understand the inconveniences our sports fans are experiencing at this time. We do want to make sure that we are able to provide these channels at a fair rate for the programming. - Jason I.

Hello there, bjf.

We do have a higher than normal volume of customers contacting us at this time. Takedowns are always frustrating and we are working to speak with everyone that contacts us in a timely manner as they come in. With this negotiation, as well as any that impact our customers, we do have the DISHpromise.com page that we update as new information becomes available, as well as to provide feedback. The voice of the customer is so important for us to become the best in the industry and how we can improve for you.

We absolutely understand the inconveniences our sports fans are experiencing at this time. We do want to make sure that we are able to provide these channels at a fair rate for the programming. - Jason I.

When you have no more channels to offer what will your excuses be then?

Dish is nothing but a tv provider and this BS has gone on for years.

I have spent a ton of bucks and the general idea is a happy viewer.
Instead it's endless take off my channels.
Some years back I lost CBS for 1 year.
NO NCAA March Madness. I really want to thank DISH for that wonderful experience of not seeing any of it at home.

I don't care one bit about any large company.
Directv, Dish, Cable, Apple, etc. I just want to view tv.

Internet TV will mature quickly and then Dish and Directv will both have nothing to offer over the competition.

You might think you're doing a favor but I'm not happy about losing my Fox Sports Nets, FS1, FS2, HBO, Big 10, Fox Deportes.....

My patience with Dish is pretty much gone.

I've heard the arguments for Dish for years but nothing changes.

And this includes my bill going up EVERY YEAR.

Tried calling Dish a few minutes ago AGAIN and got the same block.
Only an automated. No humans to help. Gotta wonder if football fans finally had enough and you just locked your phones down??

To those who always are like broken record in blind support for dish.
Couldn't care less about your spin on things.

All I want are the channels I want.
And at the moment the choices are limited.
Directv sucks these days massively.

I am waiting for Internet choices to overtake satllite and cable.
It will happen sooner than most of us expect.

bjf

Dish is horrible with sports channels especially, I'm in NY and I haven't had SNY (Mets) for many years (I'd guess 7-8) because they said SNY wanted an unfair amount and then recently we lost YES (Yankees) for a similar reasons. If it wasn't for the fact that my roommate is the one who pays for TV so he chooses what provider we get, i would have switched years ago.. I will say that I haven't been affected by a dispute that removed channels in several years. That being said it happens on all providers cable, satellite, fiber TV.

Reactions: yomama
This post is rife with ignorance. You really should do a little research before you start flapping your gums about something you obviously don't really know anything about

What’s so ignorant about coming here to vent about not getting his channels from America’s most disputed video provider?

Dish is going down. The gravy train of installs from disgruntled Directv customers is coming to an end and is about ready to reverse.

bjf

Why bother calling? The channels will return if Dish and Fox can make a decent deal. Complaining I doubt will do any good.

Hello there, bjf.

5F66BDB5-0597-43F9-8CA6-2DCB29AC87DF.jpeg

What’s so ignorant about coming here to vent about not getting his channels from America’s most disputed video provider?

Dish is going down. The gravy train of installs from disgruntled Directv customers is coming to an end and is about ready to reverse.
Speaking of posts rife with ignorance......

NO NCAA March Madness. I really want to thank DISH for that wonderful experience of not seeing any of it at home.

Internet TV will mature quickly and then Dish and Directv will both have nothing to offer over the competition.

You might think you're doing a favor but I'm not happy about losing my Fox Sports Nets, FS1, FS2, HBO, Big 10, Fox Deportes.....

Only an automated. No humans to help. Gotta wonder if football fans finally had enough and you just locked your phones down??

bjf

Let’s see if I understand this correctly. You are upset that DISH took your channels, yet it was actually FOX that pulled the plug, not DISH! Then you are upset about your bill which would only go up more if they caved to FOX!
Then you say you are waiting for internet channels to overtake the satellite providers! You really think they will be cheaper when/if they ever do? LOL.

Why with the calling? Use the chat option.

Yes, it blows losing channels even if temporarily. Dish definitely has a bit of a dubious record with sports. But Dish also provides programming plans that are cheaper than the competition. You get what you pay for.

Dish is horrible with sports channels especially, I'm in NY and I haven't had SNY (Mets) for many years (I'd guess 7-8) because they said SNY wanted an unfair amount and then recently we lost YES (Yankees) for a similar reasons. If it wasn't for the fact that my roommate is the one who pays for TV so he chooses what provider we get, i would have switched years ago.. I will say that I haven't been affected by a dispute that removed channels in several years. That being said it happens on all providers cable, satellite, fiber TV.

The YES channel was never on Dish. It was available on Sling TV but never on Dish.

Must be some pissed off customers... 9am on a Saturday
"As a satellite TV company, we love countdowns! Your position until chat blastoff: 56"

Reactions: HipKat

bjf

Great post...I feel the same
Dish uses the excuse for these disputes as a means to keep prices lower, yet they increase every year for less channels
Are they going to issue customers credit during these disputes....of course not

What are message boards for if not to vent.....freedom of speech.....remember

Yup.. just keep on telling people that are upset over dish dumping channels that they're ignorant.
I've refrained posting the I've left dish thread.. it seems to upset people.
I was a 15 year customer that paid my bill before due date EVERY month. I've not renewed as of last month ... and wow am I ever glad I did not.
Dish was great for years, till the dumping of channels affected my viewing. Guess what ? I've now officially dumped dish. Loads of others have as well.
The remaining subs will pay extra while they defend dish. I'll be watching FOX channels this afternoon while the threads continue on here.
Ignorant indeed.

Yup.. just keep on telling people that are upset over dish dumping channels that they're ignorant.
I've refrained posting the I've left dish thread.. it seems to upset people.
I was a 15 year customer that paid my bill before due date EVERY month. I've not renewed as of last month ... and wow am I ever glad I did not.
Dish was great for years, till the dumping of channels affected my viewing. Guess what ? I've now officially dumped dish. Loads of others have as well.
The remaining subs will pay extra while they defend dish. I'll be watching FOX channels this afternoon while the threads continue on here.
Ignorant indeed.
Take care

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts