Dish won't even answer their phones now / pissed football fans?

Yup.. just keep on telling people that are upset over dish dumping channels that they're ignorant.
I've refrained posting the I've left dish thread.. it seems to upset people.
I was a 15 year customer that paid my bill before due date EVERY month. I've not renewed as of last month ... and wow am I ever glad I did not.
Dish was great for years, till the dumping of channels affected my viewing. Guess what ? I've now officially dumped dish. Loads of others have as well.
The remaining subs will pay extra while they defend dish. I'll be watching FOX channels this afternoon while the threads continue on here.
Ignorant indeed.

I’ve Accelerated my research to enter the cord cutting club. Too many red flags...DI$H TV points the finger at the other guy, again, for not being able to negotiate a deal.

Great post...I feel the same
Dish uses the excuse for these disputes as a means to keep prices lower, yet they increase every year for less channels
Are they going to issue customers credit during these disputes....of course not

What are message boards for if not to vent.....freedom of speech.....remember

My words exactly

Reactions: tspangle
Then you are upset about your bill which would only go up more if they caved to FOX!
What has been the difference in cost historically between Dish and Direct? Dish and Comcast? Dish and ???.

Wouldn't that cost difference between providers INCREASE if these negotiation tactics truly worked? I mean, after all, Dish is fighting so they don't have to pay as much as all the other guys, right? So the price difference between Dish and the other guys should be increasing.

What has been the difference in cost historically between Dish and Direct? Dish and Comcast? Dish and ???.

Wouldn't that cost difference between providers INCREASE if these negotiation tactics truly worked? I mean, after all, Dish is fighting so they don't have to pay as much as all the other guys, right? So the price difference between Dish and the other guys should be increasing.
SIGH. Again, it's not just about price. Flex pack, optional locals, etc. The price difference between what I pay dish and what I would have to pay any other provider for access to a similar suite of channels is huge. Like half as much.

SIGH. Again, it's not just about price. Flex pack, optional locals, etc. The price difference between what I pay dish and what I would have to pay any other provider for access to a similar suite of channels is huge. Like half as much.
I never said there wasn't a big difference. Please go read my post again. The question is whether the difference has increased over time and if so, by how much?

I never said there wasn't a big difference. Please go read my post again. The question is whether the difference has increased over time and if so, by how much?
And I'm saying the question is moot. If after the dust settles there ends up even more ala carte choice and more options to save money, especially with sports, then it's a win.

Reactions: peggy97850
And I'm saying the question is moot. If after the dust settles there ends up even more ala carte choice and more options to save money, especially with sports, then it's a win.
That's your opinion. I'm guessing based on threads here some customers don't think the "win" is worth the price they are paying.

What good does calling do when you know the problem is a Fox-Dish programming dispute? It's not like the CSR can do anything about.

A lot!

If nobody called, there would be less presser on Dish to come to a resolution and the channels would stay off.

Calling to complain, threatening to cancel your service helps Dish come to a resolution.

If you don’t call, Dish thinks it’s ok and will hold out longer.

The only Thing Dish really cares about is when you pay your bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)