Dish. Won't. Let. Go.

Stargazer said:
Well from what I have been told, in some cases, Dish Network refuses to shut the service off even if you tell them to and they bill you for the service anyways. I have been told this a number of times this past year. I used to never hear of such things.

They refuse ??? That is illegal.

I've heard of refusal as well... I think the retention people get a kickback for saves.

I had a cell phone that wouldn't let me go once, after my contract, unless I provided a reason. After I said "because your customer service representatives are (F'n A-Holes) who wouldn't piss on someone if they were on fire" They decided to let me cancel.

Well, I have 4 more months to go on my commitment with the 811; and based on other threads, many folks came on board during December and January time frame with the 811 prom o's also. I feel that the 811's performance and "E"s customer service attitude toward HD customers, there is going to be a lot of bailing out at the end of the year. I am just wondering after reading this tread how much of a hard sell "E" will be pitching to retain us?

I am not a fence jumper, but when you don't get what was committed and you get blame for expecting the equipment to perform as advertise, then I'll take my business somewhere else. "E" has over 10 million customers, so what's the big deal in losing a couple of customers?

I think it's that they don't want you to join the near 13 million Directv has or over to Cable.

Bulldog said:
I am not a fence jumper,

There's no shame in jumping fences, if it's better for you on the other side. Only a fool would stay where he is unhappy, unless there's something with a strong hold, like a $240 early term fee, or maybe certain required programming only available on one side of the fence.

GaryPen said:
There's no shame in jumping fences, if it's better for you on the other side. Only a fool would stay where he is unhappy, unless there's something with a strong hold, like a $240 early term fee, or maybe certain required programming only available on one side of the fence.

Yea Gary, In 4 months I'll be a free agent! No strings to hold me down. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts