Dish won't let me upgrade

DaveyBoy26

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
Indianapolis
Hey guys and gals. This my first post, but I've been perusing the forums for a while now. Dish won't let me upgrade my 811 to a 211 or any other receiver, because it hasn't been a year since my last upgrade. Apparently I'll be eligible in July. I just wondered if this was standard procedure or I need to play a little csr roullette, because I don't trust them as far as I can throw them.

Thanks for your insights:)

David

P.S.-As much money as I pay each month, (and always on time), you'd think they would be willing to help me if they could.

Looks like April 1 for me, then (no foolin'). Hmmm.

Might not be so bad...might take the month of Feb for E* to 'work the kinks' out of the MPEG-4 once its full-up, anyway. Y'think ;)?

Probably, but don't get too upset yet. We don't even know what is going to be in MPEG4 (if anything). Indy is 25 on the DMA list and it may take that long (middle of the year) to get the HD Locals for Indy up. So I don't think you'll be missing too much.

One way around it might be to wait till there's actually MPEG-4 programming that you want, then call up to subscribe and see what they say when it becomes obvious that your existing equipment won't cut it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)