Dish, you must follow suit, Auto Extend

Considering the profit margin per customer, each time. I'm not saying there weren't avoidable things though....

In order to implement this feature, Dish would have to be able to update the EPG on-the-fly, as well as changing any timers that were already recording. Considering that Dish does not bother to provide accurate-to-the-minute guide data (the start / stop times are rounded to the closest five minute increment), adding this feature does not seem likely. Dish apparently cannot even extend sports blackouts if the game runs past the scheduled time slot, which is why you can sometimes watch the end of a game on the out-of-market RSN's with the Multi-Sport pack (which is why I actually prefer the way Dish does sports blackouts), so Dish seems to have no way to keep track if a game is running long. Unfortunately, this also results in Dish having to black out both games on MLB Network (or the MLBN alternate channel) instead of only blacking out the game involving a team that actually claims your zip code as part of their territory.

Good question. Never checked on how much storage. I don't need much storage. But that cloud storage is a hecka of a good idea. I had 4 Hoppers fail. Lost everything. No need to buy a External Hard Drive. Another dang box hanging on the back of your gear.
This versus demanding that everyone have a relatively high speed broadband connection of unknown providence? Clouds don't happen by periodically connecting to the Internet with a dial-up modem or wireless hot spot.

Comcast gets away with what they do because they also provide a dedicated two-way broadband connection. DISH doesn't have that luxury.

Another example of..."If it CAN be, GIMME, GIMME, GIMME. Who gives a damn what it take to give it!"

Still haven't turned in my broke Hopper. Having trouble deciding to make a change and who to go with.

I have Comcast 25 Mbps Internet. All my streaming is thru them. So if I decide to stay with Dish and they come out with cloud storage, it would still come from Comcast. Why can't that be possible?

Kab, I don't understand what you mean by your gimme statement.

Dish would have to be able to update the EPG on-the-fly
Even if Dish updated the EPG on the fly, it wouldn't make a difference if the channels didn't update their data. IIRC, locals (at least) are supposed to have this capability in place at some point in the near future (I think a date was set and then got postponed indefinitely). Then you're relying on someone make just over minimum wage (maybe) making the correct change and sending it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)