Dish zapped my distants :(

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I knew the fun ride was going to come to an end....last night it did :(

I "moved" my address to get Duluth locals in April. When I changed it, Dish never got rid of the Minneapolis locals, Fox Denver & Fox LA (all of which I had qualified for at the old address but now I don't). When I swapped receivers 3 weeks ago, the tech said I had 2 sets of locals but "could keep them because I had Minneapolis locals before"

Got a message Tuesday that Dish has been offering my locals that they weren't allowed to. So I called Dish to see what was going on and they had no record of anything of the nature (they said the last record was when I changed receivers) and said not to worry about it and it was an error.

Last night I go to turn on KMSP to see the news and after hitting 8575, it kicks to 8104 (WPIX..which I do have), and I look through and they zapped the Minneapolis locals and both Fox distants :(

Now I have to call Dish because they haven't credited my account yet...

That SUCKS Tony, sorry to hear that, even when you know its coming to an end its still a big let down, time to get your off air antenna into action, maybe you should get DirecTV for the locals.....right thats what you need another dish! Bad news indeed!

They zapped my locals last night too.. after I "moved" because they said the address couldn't be verified. I used to live there.. so I'm gonna try again.

Prior to obtaining my locals I was allowed only the fox distant. Gosh I hope they don't remove it. Sorry about losing those channels guys.

Byrd
If you still qualify for them right now, you'd be OK.

The problem with mine is I use to qualify for Mpls locals & FOX at my lake house (which is the address they had).
When I "moved" all I qualify for is Duluth but everybody at Dish (3 CSR's, 2 techs) said I could keep Mpls & Fox because "I had qualified to get those before"

Well...
called Dish and they verified that I have a credit of about $10 coming because I don't qualify for Mpls locals or Fox.

Bummer.............

i moved from chicago six months ago and got the message that they would be removing cbs and abc. that happened yesterday. i still get chicago fox and nbc, fox atlanta and new york, and cbs new york hd. i can pull in my locals by antenna. they said they where putting me in for a waiver.

Hey,

I currently live in dayton ohio and get locals. I was planning on "moving" to Toledo (white area) this weekend to get distants added........... In your opinion, should I still try to move or will I lose my dayton locals (which obviously are my first priority).

How are distants priced? can you just get like 1 or 2 from a market? Any package deals?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)